Southampton Post Match Thread

We must be one of the most over analysed teams by opposition, pundits, and anyone with a keyboard.
Teams know you cannot open up against us now, or you will get punished, so it's park the fucking tank time!
The difference now though is that we have momentum, we have belief, we have the utter conviction that we will score, no matter how, what or when, or who... we are willing it into the net, we are all complicit in this, no matter how much Cityitis has addled our minds, we now have the Pep (with new added Sterling!) effect! We believe it, The fans now believe it, and the opposition now must be believing it, if not already, they will do now!!!!

Pleased with the win, cannot fault any of the players for effort but it's not clear what is the major cause of the dip of form.

The teams we've played recently have set out to waste time, defend and spoil our football(we can't expect every team to try and match us) have they done a better job of spoiling than most teams this season?

Personally I think it's expected that we drop off a little as the players get tired and here's where we have to rotate to avoid injuries and burnout as the minutes pile up on tired legs.

We need to get Gundogan and B. Silva up to speed but it seems to affect our fluidity and movement but they are both more than good enough for this system so we just need to be patient and perhaps expect the overall play to be a little less sharp in the mean time. Danilo has been good, Mangala and Tosin should be used too IMO as dropping a few points now short term is better than picking up more injuries at the back leaving us worse off for longer.
Losing John has made a difference I think. Kev’s performance has dropped. Teams are defending deeper.

it was crazy a QPR moment!!

but fuck what a relief !!!

I think 3 difficult games in a row ...

i hope we’ll get the best 11 next time and fire cylinders again.

should have a 15 points gap before being allowed to drop any points :)

Results like tonight are what football is all about. You might as well pack it in and follow a different sport if you’re not absolutely buzzing right now.
The performance means diddly squat.

Exactly some Colin Schindler impersonators on tonight.

That and leaving a player unmarked with seconds to go!
Yes but both teams are so tired mate. 3 nights rest seems good but it never is enough to give a player adequate rest both physically and mentally. Sterling just had that little extra.
We've lost a bit of zip but after the next game we get a week's rest and I expect everything to come back to normal intensity for us

That's funny, the video of sterling running down the pitch and Mendy is hobbling down the pitch to celebrate with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.