Southern Based Blues - Evening with David White - MK

Those 4 stunning goals at Villa park in 91, one of the best away games I’ve ever been to
That and the midweek match he scored a brace home to Liverpool, when we finally beat them, including the second which came down over the line, off the bar, and Saunders missed a late dubious penalty, always stick in my mind, was at both.

That and the midweek match he scored a brace home to Liverpool, when we finally beat them, including the second which came down over the line, off the bar, and Saunders missed a late dubious penalty, always stick in my mind, was at both.
There was a tingle in the Maine Road air that night a David White once said it was his favourite Maine Road atmosphere

One of my heroes is Whitey, hope he’s doing well. I can still see him in my minds eye galloping down the inside left channel at Bradford to put the ball across for Trevor Morley’s famous goal - probably the only time he ever found a team mate with a left footed pass !!!

He served us well - a top blue and a top bloke
His 2nd most famous/ important run down the inside left channel was at old Trafford when he tore fatty Bruce a new arsehole and was brought down for the penalty which Captain Curle despatched with aplomp to spark the most incredible away celebrations at the swamp.
" you couldn't beat 10 men!!"

Those 4 stunning goals at Villa park in 91, one of the best away games I’ve ever been to
White was on FIRE that night. City decked out in White...packed the away terrace behind the goal ,and every away seat on the side sold out..City in full voice...we absolutely destroyed Villa on their own ground..Dr Venglos didn't see that coming ..we were absolutely brilliant ,one of my fav away matches ever.

Same here, that was a balmy summers night and a bit like the 5-1 demolition derby was the first time seeing us beat the dippers for me as a match going fan

1 million per cent! Definitely up there with my all time favourite games.
One of the last great night matches at Maine Road.
And revenge for the fa cup quarter final defeat in 88.
Kippax was def up for it that night.Scousers couldn't cope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.