Speakers or docking station for iPhone?

Many thanks to all who replied and helped me. I bought a Sony Extra Bass wireless speaker and and well sorted! Unbelievable sound for such a small thing.

My recommendation is the Ultimate Ears Boom 2, about £100 from John Lewis or Amazon. It charges through USB, and connects via Bluetooth to any compatible device such as your iPhone. Anything you play on your iPhone will play through the speaker.

It is waterproof and shockproof, and its charge lasts for days. I played 5 Live today through this, and listened to the footy whilst I washed up.

04570d31fa38bf10954cd9f25fd1761c.jpg

The one on the right, available in blue or black also. Ask John Lewis for a demo. They also have cheaper and dearer models.

I have the Ultimate Ears Megablast. It sounds great and has Alexa built in so you can use Amazon Music or your phone. It is also compatible with Sirius XM and should work with Pandora in the near future

Am needing some home hifi technical advice please. For a few years I’ve had an iPhone docking station in my kitchen for listening to music while I’m getting my cook on. I first had the old iPhone 5 with the wider connection and then when I got the 6s I bought an adapter so I could still use it.
The docking station has finally given up the ghost and I’ve been looking at new ones but it seems that docking stations may not be the way to go now - there aren’t many on the market and there’s brands I don’t recognise, and its more wireless speakers that people are buying.
The thing is, I don’t have a clue with these things. Do I just plug it in to the wall and pair it up with my iPhone with the Bluetooth? And if you just have 1 speaker is it just going to be mono sound instead of stereo? Showing my age here I know (50’s) but I’m clueless what I should be looking at.
Any help on this would be very appreciated, thanks in advance :-)

personally just get a bluetooth speaker connected to your phone

Just get some wireles headphones, you can then dance around in the kitchen to your heart's content with no nagging from 'er/'im indoors. When she/he starts simply shake your head, point to the headphones and mouth "I can't hear you"...

I have a couple, an older Klipsch one with the older iPhone connector, and a Bose dock, both are good, but the Klipsch one goes a lot louder with fantastic bass, the Bose one obviously has a nice quality to it, and was a gift, but the Klipsch dock is a beast, and now entertains everyone at work

Am needing some home hifi technical advice please. For a few years I’ve had an iPhone docking station in my kitchen for listening to music while I’m getting my cook on. I first had the old iPhone 5 with the wider connection and then when I got the 6s I bought an adapter so I could still use it.
The docking station has finally given up the ghost and I’ve been looking at new ones but it seems that docking stations may not be the way to go now - there aren’t many on the market and there’s brands I don’t recognise, and its more wireless speakers that people are buying.
The thing is, I don’t have a clue with these things. Do I just plug it in to the wall and pair it up with my iPhone with the Bluetooth? And if you just have 1 speaker is it just going to be mono sound instead of stereo? Showing my age here I know (50’s) but I’m clueless what I should be looking at.
Any help on this would be very appreciated, thanks in advance :-)

You can pick up a second hand Bose soundock 1 on eBay for £40

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.