Sports Direct. Profits soar

SteWadda said:
Why Always Ste said:
Alot of the stuff is chavtastic but they sell good priced running shoes.
I've had my Asics running shoes for awhile now and they've stood alot of punishment.

Bought a few pairs of shorts from there as well, just for general lounging in the house.

Why pay £30 when you can pay £10 for the same pair of shorts?

Same with the trainers. my running shoes were RRP £65 in DW Sports, Sports Direct sold them at £40

All the Karrimor running gear is good and dirt cheap, I think every piece of clothing I own for running/gym is from there.

I've got loads of Karrimor items, all my running tops are Karrimor. I really don't care if its classed as a shit brand, feels comfortable and it's cheap.

Right since i did my OP this morning i have changed my mind, the Mrs wanted to go to the Trafford Centre today so i toddled along but went to Trafford retail park quite near it and went in their store there.
Bought 2 Firetrap T shirts and a Karrimore polo neck for Winter, 21 quid for all 3 bargain, i take what i said this morning back, they had some good Nike and Adidas gear in there as well
Only trouble is its near Davyhume shit works and it stank

Yeah, I think it's a great shop. I did a month-long cycling trip and bought all of my cycling clothes there. Padded cycling shorts for £3 a pair. I would've had to spend about £50 to get anything better quality. Sports Direct stuff and Nike stuff is all made in the same factory by the same people. I'm sure we've all paid £40 for a football shirt only to have the sponsor start peeling off after a few washes. Expensive stuff in usually only expensive to pay for advertising/sponsorship, not because it's actually any better. The fact that you can buy a pair of trainers made in a UK factory for less than a pair endorsed by Messi or Beckham should tell you that.

Bought £170 worth of footy shirts online from sports direct,for local youngsters, when I was running a pub.They never arrived,I spent 6 months trying to chase them up,in the end they wouldn't take my calls or answer my emails.Had to spend another £250 at another establishment(not online,as once bitten twice shy),as I didn't want to let the lads down. So no wonder their profits are soaring. Wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. Ashley you robbing c n u t.

Glad I got that off my chest!

ninjamonkey said:
JJB closed down. It was inevitable this would happen this year. they now pretty much monopolise the entire "sports wear" market. Hate them and their stuff, refuse to even go in the place but you can't knock them from a business point of view.

Well fingers crossed if they have monopolised the market that then means buy law they have to reduce size and a competitor is supported. And with there being no chain competitor its might mean theres a new one on the way

blue underpants said:
Mayor West said:
blue underpants said:
I must be getting an old snob!!

-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 am --

I bought a pair of Asics running shoes from there lasted 6 months

6 months for a pair of running shoes is good. Or was that your point?
No its crap, i am only an occasional runner 3 times a week about 5 miles a time but i also wore them riding my mountain bike every day, dont think thats VFM
But thats not sports direct's issue surely is asics? If sports direct own the brand then i could see your point. I.e. the group owns admiral, slazenger, goala, lonsdale etc....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The working classes were much more easily identifiable when they all wore flat caps.

Bring em back lil bit like the gangster wide brim hats in the 30's sort of compulsory

I think the shop just has a horrible lay out and its not very accessible (i have a son that uses a wheelchair that looks like an oversized buggy. And i just cant get in.) But they have some good gear and some random and sometimes shit gear but does anyway shop at Decathlon? Sells shit to great gear but the store is angin

So basically what i'm saying is does it matter really? If i see my rugby shirt for £10 cheaper at a shitter store im buying it from a shitter store. I can afford the more expensive one im just tight (otherwise known as a smart businessman{well at least in the bathroom mirror})

Moobesh said:
blue underpants said:
Mayor West said:
6 months for a pair of running shoes is good. Or was that your point?
No its crap, i am only an occasional runner 3 times a week about 5 miles a time but i also wore them riding my mountain bike every day, dont think thats VFM
But thats not sports direct's issue surely is asics? If sports direct own the brand then i could see your point. I.e. the group owns admiral, slazenger, goala, lonsdale etc....

They don't own Admiral or Gola.

But do own Lonsdale ,Dunlop, Slazenger, Donnay, Everlast, Karrimor, etc.

Mate of mine was head hunted by them for an assistant managers job recently and just done the training. Some stores are much better than others and that is largely down to the managers the one she's started in is in a right mess.

The branded stuff they buy is no different to what you'd get in another store or online the reason they make money despite selling dirt cheap is they buy in bulk on a no return policy so if an item isn't up to scratch they assume the responsibility to the customer not the manufacturer.

You'd aldo be very suprised as to how many other businesses Ashley owns or is involved in apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.