Sports Direct. Profits soar

Moobesh said:
ninjamonkey said:
JJB closed down. It was inevitable this would happen this year. they now pretty much monopolise the entire "sports wear" market. Hate them and their stuff, refuse to even go in the place but you can't knock them from a business point of view.

Well fingers crossed if they have monopolised the market that then means buy law they have to reduce size and a competitor is supported. And with there being no chain competitor its might mean theres a new one on the way

Won't happen, they are simply too big and too cheap for anybody to come in from scratch and compete in this financial climate. Sports Direct were actually very keen on buying upwards of 80 JJB stores when it closed down but couldn't because of competition laws.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Moobesh said:
blue underpants said:
No its crap, i am only an occasional runner 3 times a week about 5 miles a time but i also wore them riding my mountain bike every day, dont think thats VFM
But thats not sports direct's issue surely is asics? If sports direct own the brand then i could see your point. I.e. the group owns admiral, slazenger, goala, lonsdale etc....

They don't own Admiral or Gola.

But do own Lonsdale ,Dunlop, Slazenger, Donnay, Everlast, Karrimor, etc.

Im pretty sure there investor pack says they do

Moobesh said:
Moobesh said:
But thats not sports direct's issue surely is asics? If sports direct own the brand then i could see your point. I.e. the group owns admiral, slazenger, goala, lonsdale etc....

Gola is owned by The Jacobson footwear group based in Rawtenstall, Lancashire.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.admiralsportswear.com/history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.admiralsportswear.com/history</a>

blueunit said:
NipHolmes said:
Bought an Adidas set of tracksuit bottoms and top for £45, there's some good clothes but they also have stuff for people on a tight budget. Lonsdale, Everlast and Dunlop etc.

As said, who the hell buys the Sportsdirect branded stuff. They should give that stuff away when you spend increments in tens like £20, £30 and £40 and so on.

Much better idea than expecting people to buy that crap.

Thank god someone agrees with me on the branded stuff.........even if you get it for free like you said after spending so much. the chances are it is still going in the bin.

Is that bin the Sports Direct bin? ;)

Moobesh said:

Gola is owned by The Jacobson footwear group based in Rawtenstall, Lancashire.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.admiralsportswear.com/history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.admiralsportswear.com/history</a>
Fair comment but the investor pack i got says they owed it.

Markt85 said:
SteWadda said:
Why Always Ste said:
Alot of the stuff is chavtastic but they sell good priced running shoes.
I've had my Asics running shoes for awhile now and they've stood alot of punishment.

Bought a few pairs of shorts from there as well, just for general lounging in the house.

Why pay £30 when you can pay £10 for the same pair of shorts?

Same with the trainers. my running shoes were RRP £65 in DW Sports, Sports Direct sold them at £40

All the Karrimor running gear is good and dirt cheap, I think every piece of clothing I own for running/gym is from there.

I've got loads of Karrimor items, all my running tops are Karrimor. I really don't care if its classed as a shit brand, feels comfortable and it's cheap.

I copped a load of their Karrimor running gear a few weeks back and it's fine for running round the park every evening. I also got some Nike running shoes for under £40, for the same purpose. No problem. I also find that there's nowhere easier for swimming shorts.

If you're weighing up sartorial considerations while stood in Sports Direct, you're probably in the wrong place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.