sports journalism..

Serrrrgio

doing a sports journalism course at uni, first assignment is to do a match report on a local team..

city thankfully emailed me back and have given me a press pass for the game on saturday!
now blackburn have also emailed me offering me one for the same day, big dilemma..

do i go to city, knowing i have to give an unbiased match report or go to blackburn..

hmmmm
and obviously if there's anyone who has links to local teams on here who could get me a press pass, id love that!

jakeashto6 said:
doing a sports journalism course at uni, first assignment is to do a match report on a local team..

city thankfully emailed me back and have given me a press pass for the game on saturday!
now blackburn have also emailed me offering me one for the same day, big dilemma..

do i go to city, knowing i have to give an unbiased match report or go to blackburn..

hmmmm
and obviously if there's anyone who has links to local teams on here who could get me a press pass, id love that!

Speaking purely from a journalistic point of view, do the Blackburn game. They're not your team, so knowing who does what and when won't come second nature to you, so you'll have to take notes and research, especially on their opposition.

When you cover Premier League games, the coverage elsewhere means everybody has a fairly average-decent passive knowledge of other teams. So reporting on City vs. Sunderland, you'll know enough about Sunderland to pass through it and you'll know enough about City that you won't need to research pre-match.

the question is what year of uni are you in, are you going to get the opportunity to do this again ? if the answer to question one is first year, and the answer to question 2 is yes. then go to city, you'll get your project done and be able to take all that stuff in whilst watching city with the press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.