Sports nuts

EalingBlue2

just wondered how many people are mad about one or two sports and how many people have like me a tendency to focus in on just about any sport going. My wife was calling me sports obsessed the other night and trotted off about the dozens of different sports I have paid to go and see on multiple occasions and it made me realise that from jumps racing to snooker, from union to Jai Lai, from athletics to good old non league football I have spent a lot of time in a lot of places watching sport.

Anyway far from making me think I was obsessed it made me realise I have a few glaring holes in my sporting experiences.

I have never been to An NFL game (have been to a few nhl, nba and Mlb games) , I have never watched professional darts (will fix in Jan), I also never been to a boxing bout. I think I had most others covered

So what are your sporting goals? Does anyone else find themselves watching or going to just about any sport?

My sporting goals?

haha... usually this question relates to what one hopes to achieve in their chosen sport in which they participate in.
in relation to how you mean the question - to be honest I really hate alot of sport now as an Adult as I've realised most of it is corrupted and there's more drug usage in sport than druggies I knocked about with on the streets in my youth.

And to think, I got involved with sport to avoid getting into drug habits.

There are some genuine sports out there, but things like feeding systems, governing bodies, all this kind of shit just makes the sport so much in favour of corporate sponsoring.
You could be the best Rally car driver in the world, if you ain't got the corporate backing, you're in a shit car - you ain't winning nothing.
Same applies with Football.

You mention a few American sports in your post such as NHL and I somewhat prefer their system(s) over our Football league system(s) in
that teams can draft players, so for me this spreads the talent pool more across the league.

* I've never been to an NHL game so this is something I want to do, in particular NY Rangers @ Madison Square garden as they have always been my NHL team since I was a kid.
I've watched Ice Hockey years ago with Manchester Storm, but the standard is on another level in the NHL.

*Isle of Man TT - I've always wanted to go and watch the IOM TT racing, just seeing those beasty bikes whizzing around tight roads would make the hairs stand on my back.

football addict to be honest

Would love to sit every Saturday watching early Prem game, Jeff all day and then the evening game, Sundays i play football in morning - go pub after with my team and watch the two games - unfortunately i have a bird, so have to sacrifice some of this.

My sporting goals?

haha... usually this question relates to what one hopes to achieve in their chosen sport in which they participate in.
in relation to how you mean the question - to be honest I really hate alot of sport now as an Adult as I've realised most of it is corrupted and there's more drug usage in sport than druggies I knocked about with on the streets in my youth.

And to think, I got involved with sport to avoid getting into drug habits.

There are some genuine sports out there, but things like feeding systems, governing bodies, all this kind of shit just makes the sport so much in favour of corporate sponsoring.
You could be the best Rally car driver in the world, if you ain't got the corporate backing, you're in a shit car - you ain't winning nothing.
Same applies with Football.

You mention a few American sports in your post such as NHL and I somewhat prefer their system(s) over our Football league system(s) in
that teams can draft players, so for me this spreads the talent pool more across the league.

* I've never been to an NHL game so this is something I want to do, in particular NY Rangers @ Madison Square garden as they have always been my NHL team since I was a kid.
I've watched Ice Hockey years ago with Manchester Storm, but the standard is on another level in the NHL.

*Isle of Man TT - I've always wanted to go and watch the IOM TT racing, just seeing those beasty bikes whizzing around tight roads would make the hairs stand on my back.
I have never been to motor sport and am not that bothered about that but the TT races which I have found myself watching on TV look as good as it gets - you have reminded me though I have never seen a cycling a grand Tour

I have never been to motor sport and am not that bothered about that but the TT races which I have found myself watching on TV look as good as it gets - you have reminded me though I have never seen a cycling a grand Tour

Yea going to a Cycling tour seems interesting as an event but again this sport falls into that "I can do it myself" category so why bother?
I have a road bike, sure I ain't exactly bradley wiggins but I can cycle good distances and so on so I'd rather just go out cycling by myself and or W/ mates.

Motorbike street racing however, haha... no no, I've dropped 250cc bikes, nevermind racing a 750cc or something.
Would be amazing to see such powerful bikes in those circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.