Spot of bother yesterday

GStar said:
Intresting view, what if the guy in the costume was completely unaware of how some people would connect the two? Perhaps he'd been brought up shielded from "big bad world".

A stupid comparison perhaps, but its quite a popular connotation in some parts of America to refer to white people as "crackers" does that mean by black friends should refrain from eating such food in my presence as i may have been subject to abuse?

Since a 'cracker' is a food item that I can find to have no humanoid relation to Caucasians, I find it difficult to make immitations of a 'cracker' based on skin colour and noises.

Now, if Black people had been comparing Polar bears to Caucasians for centuries, I'd have something to say...

I dont see why people cant just accept that it's a little off and leave it at that. Why are people trying to make it another one of those 'ooh black people are so sensitive' threads etc?

Bigga said:
GStar said:
Intresting view, what if the guy in the costume was completely unaware of how some people would connect the two? Perhaps he'd been brought up shielded from "big bad world".

A stupid comparison perhaps, but its quite a popular connotation in some parts of America to refer to white people as "crackers" does that mean by black friends should refrain from eating such food in my presence as i may have been subject to abuse?

Since a 'cracker' is a food item that I can find to have no humanoid relation to Caucasians, I find it difficult to make immitations of a 'cracker' based on skin colour and noises.

Now, if Black people had been comparing Polar bears to Caucasians for centuries, I'd have something to say...

Ok, thanks... i think that makes sense...

de niro said:
how sad that this thread even exsists.

100% agree

GStar said:
Bigga said:
I can't believe how stupid you two sound! Clearly, you are both caucasian or you wouldn't be coming out with such twaddle! A Black man knows the connatations of a suit like that, it's most likely he'd have suffered abuse or heard of the abuse dealt to people of his Race.

What Black person would see that as 'fun'? It's incredibly short sighted not to begin to understand the anger felt.

If the fool wanted to show how big Big Phil is, 'Hulk' suits are readily available. This was entirely a racial dig about Felipe's looks and build.

If that was the case hi support worker or carer would have told him. You don't get hold of a gorilla costume and a Caicedo shirt on the spare of the moment, it would be planned out.

Thaksins Love Child said:
rick1894citizen said:
the police were marching in on horses and it was too do with the rowdiness, the gorilla thing was sorted out half hour previous. the police are the making of alot of the trouble as there was no need for horses when it was just a few lads booting a ball and singing. the gorilla suit was an idiotic thing to do and reckon alot of people will have thought it was racist.
Yeah what I was referring to was at the same time as kicking the ball about. Coppers got hold of it and threw it over the wall hence "we want our ball back". Few mins after that was when the gorilla man got a few slaps and the police intervened. I was told to f*ck off, it appears standing out of the way and looking for your mate is not allowed not either.
Think I was stood right by you then. The police were far too aggressive and we were just stood between the tent and the food wagon eating and nearly got crushed.

I saw a guy with a Caicedo shirt inside the ground - he didn't look quite all there to be honest. Don't know if it was the same guy but I think anyone with any sense would have not done that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Yeah what I was referring to was at the same time as kicking the ball about. Coppers got hold of it and threw it over the wall hence "we want our ball back". Few mins after that was when the gorilla man got a few slaps and the police intervened. I was told to f*ck off, it appears standing out of the way and looking for your mate is not allowed not either.
Think I was stood right by you then. The police were far too aggressive and we were just stood between the tent and the food wagon eating and nearly got crushed.
Yeah you probably were. Way too agressive, I was actually trying to get out of the way. A backheel off a horse wasn't what I was after!

A few people have said that this thread should not exist. My intention was to highlight that someone was idiotic enough to do something like that, not start a race debate. Ah well, passes the time!

It wasn't an actual City shirt this lad was wearing, jut a white t-shirt with Caicedo written on the back.

Yeah surpisingly he ended up on his own, who would want to backup a tosser like that!

Also, was that Micky Francis in the Viking hat? Saw a few people posing for pics with him. Didn't think he did City games anymore?? Only from reading his book I mean.

Yes sure was Micky

I saw and spoke to the guy, he was implying that Caciedo is a big fucker, but i did point out it would be looked at as racist and that it wasn't the best idea he'd ever had!

Biggsy1 said:
I saw and spoke to the guy, he was implying that Caciedo is a big fucker, but i did point out it would be looked at as racist and that it wasn't the best idea he'd ever had!

Was this or before he took a slap?

Reminds me of last summer here in L.A.

Rangers were playing the LA Galaxy in a friendly. Me and my mate Tony who is a scouser spotted some yank wearing a Celtic shirt getting out of his car on the way to the game. Wew both told him to change his shirt before he went in. "No way, I'll be alright" and off he went walking to the stadium. He must have got about six slaps and five boots up the arse from various Rangers fans before he thought better of it and went back to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.