The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah mate, that was so they didn't have to match our investment or our commitment. It's just a cash cow to Spurs/Arse/rags/dippers owners. And their supporters are starting to see it for what it is.
Beautiful.

I think they would have liked both those outcomes..City weaker & cash cow
agree about Spurs/Arse/Dippers
rags do spend big....not very well though

You don't think having a billionaire owner gave you any advantage Jim ?

In Spurs' case, no. Not really. Joe Lewis isn't in it for the same reasons as ADUG.

I'm not complaining, though. He hasn't taken money out of the club. He hasn't burdened us with debt. He's let Levy get on with it. And Levy has done an excellent job. In that respect, Spurs have been lucky too. Even if in a different way to City.

The "beautiful" comment was posted by a West Ham fan.

Yes, I know.

It was the language you used "oil lottery", "spending Abu Dhabi's money" to throw sly veiled digs.
I shall take the fact you haven't responded to the part about your billionaire leech-like owners rinsing you whilst they claim everything isn't fair, as an acknowledgement that you and your ilk know the real truth deep down.
At the end of the day this is the Spurs thread on a City forum. It's a place for us City supporters to discuss Spurs, it isn't a place for Spurs' fans to run riot and disrespect our owners or club by posting incorrect lazy slurs. I quite like civilised fans from other clubs posting here as long as they remember that they are guests on a City forum and at least have the nouse to do some research into the facts before they accuse us of doing things that aren't true.

You might have taken them as "sly, veiled digs" but I can assure you that they weren't intended as such. Perhaps it's simply that you've had to take so much crap and nonsense about ADUG over the past 9 years that your default position on the subject now is one of sensitivity and defensiveness - so much so that you see certain expressions and immediately respond, knee-jerk, before fully reading and taking in what has actually been written? I can understand that, I suppose.

what is sad is a spurs "fan" expecting anybody on this forum to take your managers pathetic comments lying down , your just another jealous green eyed bastard who's only wish is that sheik monsour had chosen your club , enjoy your few days in the sun , when Levy has sold the crown jewels you can reminisce about all the nearly men that have represented your club hoddle , gascoigne , etc ., all world beaters that won nowt .After fifty years supporting my club through thin and thin , ive earned the right to gloat when we win trophies , so go and f*ck yourself.

Seriously? You're getting wound up by what Poch is supposed to have said in a weekly press conference? You do realise that this is an entirely media generated storm in a teacup? This is what the media do. They want to generate conflict and drama beyond the mere confines off the pitch. If you actually bothered to read the full transcript of the press conference, you would know that Poch was asked a question about Guardiola's comments. His response wasn't to attack Guardiola but rather the way in which the media had interpreted those comments. It was that, he said, that was disrespectful to his players. He went on to insist that he wasn't the least bit offended and that it wasn't an issue for him at all. He dismissed the whole thing as a joke.

In short, don't get yourself all wound up about media spin.

And sure, gloat away when winning trophies. All fair enough. If you really want, go ahead and sneer at fans of clubs that haven't won much, if anything, lately. But don't complain when others point out that your attitude is merely a reflection of all that is wrong with modern football.

wow just was perusing the goal scorer and assists tables and glanced at the shots table. Harry Kane has taken by far the most shots in the premier league with 50. The next highest is Lukaku with 32. Considering he has only scored 6 goals that is a ridiculous amount of shots. This seems a bit wasteful to me and surprised the amount of shots he is taking never gets brought up as a negative.

In Spurs' case, no. Not really. Joe Lewis isn't in it for the same reasons as ADUG.

I'm not complaining, though. He hasn't taken money out of the club. He hasn't burdened us with debt. He's let Levy get on with it. And Levy has done an excellent job. In that respect, Spurs have been lucky too. Even if in a different way to City.

This is kind of what I'm getting at Jim, I don't really know a great deal about Spurs financial situation/stories but personally, I don't believe for one moment having a billionaire owner doesn't open certain doors and avenues which are/have been closed to many other Premier League clubs,doors and avenues which were closed to us in the past, but with the backing of ADUG suddenly gave us a key, then there's Alan Sugar, I can't believe having him as a chairman didn't give you an advantage in that it opened doors and gave you financial clout ?

You say lucky Jim, I would say advantageous, not that I'm knocking it, I guess it's a question of degree's, and whilst we won a multi billion pound rollover jackpot, I would say Spurs benefited over others having wealthy owners and backers too.

Yes, I know.

You might have taken them as "sly, veiled digs" but I can assure you that they weren't intended as such. Perhaps it's simply that you've had to take so much crap and nonsense about ADUG over the past 9 years that your default position on the subject now is one of sensitivity and defensiveness - so much so that you see certain expressions and immediately respond, knee-jerk, before fully reading and taking in what has actually been written? I can understand that, I suppose.
Not at all, do you think we give two shits about what some random Spurs fan says, or what Kim Jong Poch says or the media for that matter? No the majority don't. I took issue with your language as you are a guest here.
I can't be arsed with this so please don't bother responding. You and your club are an irrelevance to us in the grand scheme of things.

This is kind of what I'm getting at Jim, I don't really know a great deal about Spurs financial situation/stories but personally, I don't believe for one moment having a billionaire owner doesn't open certain doors and avenues which are/have been closed to many other Premier League clubs,doors and avenues which were closed to us in the past, but with the backing of ADUG suddenly gave us a key, then there's Alan Sugar, I can't believe having him as a chairman didn't give you an advantage in that it opened doors and gave you financial clout ?

You say lucky Jim, I would say advantageous, not that I'm knocking it, I guess it's a question of degree's, and whilst we won a multi billion pound rollover jackpot, I would say Spurs benefited over others having wealthy owners and backers too.

Makes me laugh when you hear Spurs fans being all high and mighty on the rights and wrongs of money in football. They had a go at buying the league in the 90s and Sugar did a pretty piss poor job of doing it, who remembers Quinn, Rosler, Walsh and Stevie Lomas playing them off the park in the 5-2?

The glass ceiling is there for Spurs as all funds are diverted into stadium building, does anyone think Kane and Ali will stick around because their new stadium has a micro brewery and fancy cheese board?

Agreed. I'm sure that having Lewis in the background would have helped in securing borrowing from the banks for the stadium, especially. And he, or rather ENIC, has invested in a comparatively small way into the club over the years - though, as much as anything, this was part of a long term strategy of rights issues to grow ENIC's shareholding in the club from its initial 30% to 85% now.

As to Sugar, he was sadly (for us) an awful chairman for Spurs. The best that could be said for him was that he was financially prudent. He was no Irving Scholar or Peter Ridsdale, at least. But when he took over, Spurs were one of the old "big five", for whatever that's worth, and when he left, Spurs were also rans who never finished above mid table and, indeed, flirted too often and too closely with relegation. I genuinely feared, come 2001, that Spurs had fallen too far behind ever to catch up with the elite clubs again. It was a long road back.

Not at all, do you think we give two shits about what some random Spurs fan says, or what Kim Jong Poch says or the media for that matter? No the majority don't. I took issue with your language as you are a guest here.
I can't be arsed with this so please don't bother responding. You and your club are an irrelevance to us in the grand scheme of things.

QED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.