Spurs (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am the world's biggest pessimist, I foresee us losing for the first time this season. After all, De Bruyne, who is arguably our best player, remains out with an injury.

We don't tend to do to well on a Sunday afternoon at the Spuds. They tend to have a nasty habit of shitting on our chips.
Need to dig in for this one and hope the ref ain't a **** again.
Wasn't the 5-1 demolition on a Sunday?
Anyway, we owe them, make a statement, more of that calm, measured efficiency we showed against Utd first half and BMG.
I'm sure Pep has burned the midnight oil in preparation for this game, he may well have a few tricks up his sleeves

Wasn't the 5-1 demolition on a Sunday?
Anyway, we owe them, make a statement, more of that calm, measured efficiency we showed against Utd first half and BMG.
I'm sure Pep has burned the midnight oil in preparation for this game, he may well have a few tricks up his sleeves
Yeah, it was, after the rags annihilation of the Arse. But since then it's not been a happy hunting ground on a Sunday.

As I am the world's biggest pessimist...
Me too (:
And besides Kevin's injury I may add team doesn't look fresh, Pep definitely forced preseason preparations, it's 4th away game in a row, at Wednesday it was tough game in LC - everything points for first defeat.

But that's a football, who knows what will happen.

3-2 to city. we will ship a couple but stirling will tear the spuds a new arsehole. peps approach when he took over at barca was to just outscore the opposition until the defence had a chance to really get to grips with having to get up the pitch most of the time and also he will constantly rotate any player that shows the smallest sign of not getting the new system. Sadly, I think Zabs is just not up to it and whilst Bacary is not a huge amount better, he clearly reads the game well and you can tell he is looking for the next pass before he even gets the ball, as with Zabs, he only appears to start looking once he has got it. I am sure pep will be on the look out for a strong right back in the next window and Zabs will be on his way.
But confident against the spuds

A friendly 'spud' here. I don't hate your club. I don't begrudge you your club's financial might. Now that you no longer have De Jong or Balotelli I harbor no ill-feelings toward any of your players. In fact I have quite positive feelings about most. I pull for Stones and Sterling to flick metaphorical "V's" toward all the haters. I've wondered at the effortless genius of David Silva. I worshipped the all-around MF ability of Yaya in his pomp (but feel he has disrespected your club and fans since the cake issue). I marvel at the skill of your 'hamstrung' Argentinean striker. And I love Pep. I read your forum. I watch Blue Moon Rising TV on youtube because those guys love their club, are entertaining, and are one of the best fan YT outfits there is. And most of all I pull for you (not tomorrow of course) because I hate, I repeat, I hate the red side of your city and have since the Cantona days. Actually I hate the color red in general so that conveniently covers red scouse, my scum and your scum.

So please forgive me for posting if I'm out of line. I just wanted to say that in general every fanbase has deluded morons so please don't paint us all with that wide brush. The game is going to be tough for both teams. I do believe that Spurs have quite a good chance to get a result in it (Kane's absence is less concerning as our results are predicated more on Dembele's presence). And as you can tell from last year we will not be afraid of you like we were during the years that you were handing out 5-1's to us. There is a different mindset now and we take it to whomever we play. But you guys are king of the hill. You have very talented players and an excellent manager so you could just as easily walk out of the lane with 3 points. I just hope it is a great game and all 22 players fall to the ground exhausted at the end.

Good luck you blues (but not too good of course). COYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.