Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should play like the away side, soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter.
Worked well v Barcelona!

I see your point but Spurs have a really well balanced side and their attacks will come from both flanks and will totally dominate the middle of the park. I just can't see us winning any battles in any part of the pitch which is scandalous to say considering the coach we have.

Think he needs to give Willy a chance. Better presence and been here long enough to give our dodgy defenders a bit more confidence. Doesn't need to be too great with the feet, but good enough. He'll certainly be busy trying to save shots.

Think he needs to give Willy a chance. Better presence and been here long enough to give our dodgy defenders a bit more confidence. Doesn't need to be too great with the feet, but good enough. He'll certainly be busy trying to save shots.
Agreed. With the spurs press we need to throw this playing around at the back out of the window.

Sterling, Sane and KDB
Yaya, Dave and Garcia
Clichy, Ota, Vinny, Sagna
Willy

Thank you.

That team against the teams that sit deep is ideal. Against Spurs we will get battered they are so strong in Midfield and I am not sure if YAYA, KDB and Silva can make a tackle between them. There is also a serious lack of pace in the centre. All the goals against Everton were scored from Clichy's side and some of that was down to poor positional play from KDB in helping out. I wouldn't be surprised if Fernando plays and Aguero is dropped as he doing little to help the team at the moment
DeBryune as a false 9 and Fernado at DM will work too.

But really, I think our biggest problem for the longest time has been a lack of individual dribblers who take on players and disrupt Defensive lines. Sterling is the only starter we have with that ability. The sooner Sane and Jesus can join him, the better. And perhaps we should be looking at signing one more pure dribbler Musonda or Peirrera, players of that ilk who disrupt defenses by running at them.

Every article I read talks about our problems on defense, but for my money our inability to break down defending teams is just as much if an issue. Sterling now, Sane soon and Jesus hopefully sometime this season should help us alleviate some of that problem.

The Central midfield too can do with a burst of energy and quicker play.

I think Liverpool and Spurs will make top 4. They both play very good football. Chelsea also coz they caught a good run. Don't think they are as good as Pool or Tothenham though.

Thus, one of Arsenal, United or us will get the last spot. In spite of our struggle, I still like us over those 2 for now. But the margin is slimmer than ever. Everyone is getting better but we seem to be stagnant. :(

DeBryune as a false 9 and Fernado at DM will work too.

But really, I think our biggest problem for the longest time has been a lack of individual dribblers who take on players and disrupt Defensive lines. Sterling is the only starter we have with that ability. The sooner Sane and Jesus can join him, the better. And perhaps we should be looking at signing one more pure dribbler Musonda or Peirrera, players of that ilk who disrupt defenses by running at them.

Every article I read talks about our problems on defense, but for my money our inability to break down defending teams is just as much if an issue. Sterling now, Sane soon and Jesus hopefully sometime this season should help us alleviate some of that problem.

The Central midfield too can do with a burst of energy and quicker play.

I think Liverpool and Spurs will make top 4. They both play very good football. Chelsea also coz they caught a good run. Don't think they are as good as Pool or Tothenham though.

Thus, one of Arsenal, United or us will get the last spot. In spite of our struggle, I still like us over those 2 for now. But the margin is slimmer than ever. Everyone is getting better but we seem to be stagnant. :(

I agree. Drop Aguero and play KDB false 9 with Sane and Sterling either side. Then pack a midfield with Silva, Fernando and Toure.

Tonight I suddenly realised that I am back to the good old days. The days when we weren't sure where we were going up or down (& no I am not saying that there is even the slightest chance of us going down with or without a billion in the bank!!) the days when we went to grounds not knowing if we were going to win or not. And you know what? I've decided I prefer it to the egotistical expectation that City are going to win every match. Now I can 'suffer' the stress again, the angst again, the Wahay we've won one week and the oh botheration we've lost the next week.

It takes me back to my youth and keeps me young and keeps me going!!!

And to keep in with the title of the thread, I think we'll beat Spurs this weekend. (But then I was certain we'd beat Everton!!) It's the anticipation, that's what does it.

1549435_Manchester_City.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.