Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please start Sergio 'his legs have gone' Aguero. He looked lightning sharp against Swansea and needs to play regularly imo to maintain that sharpness.

I am never one to be confident but I think it will be comfortable tomorrow especially if they try to out football us.
They are none too solid at the back and it’s not Pochettino’s style to park the bus.
3-1 City with Harry “I am amongst the best in the world” Kane to get an inevitable goal for them. Can’t stand him.

Think tommorow is going to go down in history. Just a feeling but a December game in the dark under the floodlights.

Hope so! We owe this big time for a lot of defeats back the day. Horrid gobshite fans and never like them.

Behind the rags, scousers and then it’s these boys for me.

Come on city 8-2!

We need to break them. Their fans are just as bad as the rags. ‘It’s just oil money’ blah blah. Fcuk you, just cos no one wants to buy your shitehole.
We owe them a hiding. Would love to see us smash 4 or 5 past them without return. That would be as sweet as the derby win. Realistically, I think it will be a tight game. They won’t want to get caught with space behind for Sane and Sterling to run into. They’ll come with two banks of four looking to shut out our tight close control. It will be one of those games decided by a single goal, hopefully ours.

High scoring game but our attackers are better than theirs,my only worry is our usual slow sloppy start at home and needing a rocket at halftime to go for the kill,i know it will never change but it would be nice,the lads should be up for this,i'm looking fowards to it

They've gone strangely inconsistent in recent weeks but I still think Spurs are the best team in England after us. I think this will be our toughest league match so far this season. I'm going to predict 2-2.

I think you are right. Someone did a chart - not so long ago - giving points for finished league position. e.g.3 for winning the title , 2 for second place , etc.
With City having the 2 title wins and 2nd , 3rd , and 4th placings since 2012 - City were top , and Spurs were 2nd.
Any one like to give us an update ? - if you have time.
Tomorrow , could be a tight game , and hopefully no stupid ref . decisions.
I will go 2-1, or maybe 3-1 to City.

I thought Tottenham would be serious contenders for the title this season and with a still-young team, if it stays together, and a new stadium next year they might be more so. I fancy a repeat of the 5-2 or 4-1 tomorrow, though. Some of you older folks might remember Spurs themselves scoring lots of goals, back in the Blanchflower & Mackay days they beat Everton 10-4 and beat Crewe 13-2 in the Cup. One of my old football annuals says that going home the Crewe team left Euston from platform 13 and arrived at Crewe station at platform 2.

I thought Tottenham would be serious contenders for the title this season and with a still-young team, if it stays together, and a new stadium next year they might be more so. I fancy a repeat of the 5-2 or 4-1 tomorrow, though. Some of you older folks might remember Spurs themselves scoring lots of goals, back in the Blanchflower & Mackay days they beat Everton 10-4 and beat Crewe 13-2 in the Cup. One of my old football annuals says that going home the Crewe team left Euston from platform 13 and arrived at Crewe station at platform 2.

They'll have the same problems next year as this year. Playing at home for them a bit alien as they won't be used to the pitch size, pitch bounce, atmosphere, rivals positioning, size of nets. They'l drop a load of points at home guaranteed it won't be for another two or three seasons until the find their feet in the league again and by that time it might be too late as their best players might leave in that time frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.