Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

Hes doing absolutely fine. As for not changing formation, that's nonsense as predominatly we have played the loan striker this season compared to last. Giving kids a run out, also nonsense.
Why nonsense? What's the point in giving them the last 5/2 mins of a match after keeping them not playing for eds, where do they get game time and improve? Where did I say he was doing shit? Or a poor manager? What I said was in some games we need to be more solid in midfield and not play yaya + 1 but you wanna be a "massive blue" dismiss people's opinions as nonsense when in fact my opinion is just as valid as yours. It's ok to see faults in something you like doesn't make you not like it as much!!! Fuck me fancy giving your opinion on a forum how nonsensical am I?

Think pellers could have made little changes on saturday when things started to go wrong round the 30mins mark yaya was not pressing like kdb and sterling and we wasn't keeping the ball well enough in front of the back 4 he should have swapped yaya and fernandinho to give us a better balance and stop the flow of attacks/balls turned over by them on us!

Why nonsense? What's the point in giving them the last 5/2 mins of a match after keeping them not playing for eds, where do they get game time and improve? Where did I say he was doing shit? Or a poor manager? What I said was in some games we need to be more solid in midfield and not play yaya + 1 but you wanna be a "massive blue" dismiss people's opinions as nonsense when in fact my opinion is just as valid as yours. It's ok to see faults in something you like doesn't make you not like it as much!!! Fuck me fancy giving your opinion on a forum how nonsensical am I?

Long story short pelle is good for edging every other season as league champions and by no more than 5-10 points, he hasn't the belief in himself to change formation, give kids a run out or stray too far from his ideal 11. This then runs our big performers into the ground, constantly playing with niggles and aches. When 3-0 up kelechi or bony should be getting 30-35 mins, same with other key players if 3-0 up or yaya/dinho are injured or the opposition are renowned for pressing hard play 433 make us hard to counter against and believe we have enough quality to win it. Teams know who will play and how we will setup and can practise for 2 weeks solely on us and how to stop us. We Spring no suprises unless it's an injury and are then suprises ourselves. I like the man but he is to rigid and to old to adapt. I think he is a strong top 4 manager but nothing greater. Hope I'm wrong but I'm confident he is just a stop gap.

The problem is we are so thin on the ground that the team you saw on Saturday wasn't one of someone with a choice. Kolarov plays every week because there is no-one else, he was the best player in that position we could possibly have. The same goes for every other, who do you have instead of Yaya? Who do you have instead of Fernando/Fernandinho? These guys are playing every week because there is no-one else. Everyone has been slagging Navas off all season so far yet he has been an instrumental part of the start we made where we were playing brilliantly. Yaya played further up the pitch against Spurs because beyond Nasri there was literally no-one else.

The real problem right now and it has never been so obvious is we do not have a single person who has scored more than 2 goals. Aguero isn't scoring which is a massive worry, Bony is injured and when he has played he also isn't scoring, who is out there making the difference whilst Silva is out? In the last week or so, only De Bruyne has really shined for me, the rest have been average, we have stopped scoring as a result and with the defensive injuries we are now being shown up defensively which is why we are now losing games.

We had a great start to the season but I really do think that was a result of actually excellent tactics which stumped our early opposition. We had a tremendous balance which has now been sent haywire due to injuries. The tactics we use now are sussed from last year, Juventus had us sussed, West Ham did and we got completely done over by Spurs where we went back to 2014/15 mode. We definitely need a striker in January, why we sold Jovetic or Dzeko I will never know because we need them now more than ever. I'd be half tempted to drop Aguero at the minute if we had a replacement because he just isn't doing anything on the ball beyond frustratingly trying to score from every angle, he needs a goal yes but he also needs confidence and to start being productive in the team again. I can't see that ever happening anytime soon until he has Silva behind him.

I won't include Sunderland because they were pathetic opposition but in the Juventus, West Ham and Spurs games we had a total of 62 shots which yielded 3 goals, we lost all of those games..... Is that not totally unacceptable? I thought we did well against Juventus but the finishing completely let us down and it was the same against West Ham. We also should of killed off Spurs before they got their several offside goals... It isn't the tactics, it is the finishing that is causing our problems - we have actually played well and did do against Spurs until we started conceding but we are not scoring when we should be plain and simple.

Have a look at this and compared to every other team it is quite obvious where are problem lies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/top-scorers

Last edited:
I agree w
The problem is we are so thin on the ground that the team you saw on Saturday wasn't one of someone with a choice. Kolarov plays every week because there is no-one else, he was the best player in that position we could possibly have. The same goes for every other, who do you have instead of Yaya? Who do you have instead of Fernando/Fernandinho? These guys are playing every week because there is no-one else. Everyone has been slagging Navas off all season so far yet he has been an instrumental part of the start we made where we were playing brilliantly. Yaya played further up the pitch against Spurs because beyond Nasri there was literally no-one else.

The real problem right now and it has never been so obvious is we do not have a single person who has scored more than 2 goals. Aguero isn't scoring which is a massive worry, Bony is injured and when he has played he also isn't scoring, who is out there making the difference whilst Silva is out? In the last week or so, only De Bruyne has really shined for me, the rest have been average, we have stopped scoring as a result and with the defensive injuries we are now being shown up defensively which is why we are now losing games.

We had a great start to the season but I really do think that was a result of actually excellent tactics which stumped our early opposition. We had a tremendous balance which has now been sent haywire due to injuries. The tactics we use now are sussed from last year, Juventus had us sussed, West Ham did and we got completely done over by Spurs where we went back to 2014/15 mode. We definitely need a striker in January, why we sold Jovetic or Dzeko I will never know because we need them now more than ever. I'd be half tempted to drop Aguero at the minute if we had a replacement because he just isn't doing anything on the ball beyond frustratingly trying to score from every angle, he needs a goal yes but he also needs confidence and to start being productive in the team again. I can't see that ever happening anytime soon until he has Silva behind him.

I won't include Sunderland because they were pathetic opposition but in the Juventus, West Ham and Spurs games we had a total of 62 shots which yielded 3 goals, we lost all of those games..... Is that not totally unacceptable? I thought we did well against Juventus but the finishing completely let us down and it was the same against West Ham. We also should of killed off Spurs before they got their several offside goals... It isn't the tactics, it is the finishing that is causing our problems - we have actually played well and did do against Spurs until we started conceding but we are not scoring when we should be plain and simple.

Have a look at this and compared to every other team it is quite obvious where are problem lies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/top-scorers
i agree with most of what you have put, especially about navas as I think he is no where near as bad as some fans think/say he is. Where I disagree is some your point on strikers. Aguerro is out of form in a big way, bony is no where near match fit people forget he hardly kicked a ball for us since his transfer and needs game time in the eds and more than the last 10 mins. We also have an extremely talented kid in kelechi who deserves more than the last 5-8 minutes of a match. Rest Jun up a bit and get match fitness in the other 2. Man gala can play left back for last half hour/ 2nd half to rest kolorov. Nasri can play in a midfield 3 with both fernas in a 433 to rest yaya. The options are there, manuel just needs to have the players drilled in 2/3 formations (4231 433 4211) and it would keep opponents from knowing exactly how we will set up, pretty much man for man!!! We have players who would excell playing on counter attacks and players who can play possession football. He has the tools required I personally think he is just to set in his ways. He is more than capable of winning back to back leagues, he isn't shit, he just isn't flexible enough to run away with the league or consistently challenge for champs league. Sorry for long post.

My, you are a delicate flower. Calm down FFS and lets look what you wrote

Long story short pelle is good for edging every other season as league champions and by no more than 5-10 points, he hasn't the belief in himself to change formation, give kids a run out or stray too far from his ideal 11. This then runs our big performers into the ground, constantly playing with niggles and aches. When 3-0 up kelechi or bony should be getting 30-35 mins, same with other key players if 3-0 up or yaya/dinho are injured or the opposition are renowned for pressing hard play 433 make us hard to counter against and believe we have enough quality to win it. Teams know who will play and how we will setup and can practise for 2 weeks solely on us and how to stop us. We Spring no suprises unless it's an injury and are then suprises ourselves. I like the man but he is to rigid and to old to adapt. I think he is a strong top 4 manager but nothing greater. Hope I'm wrong but I'm confident he is just a stop gap.

And my response was:

"Hes doing absolutely fine. As for not changing formation, that's nonsense as predominatly we have played the loan striker this season compared to last. Giving kids a run out, also nonsense"

So petal, show me where I have accused you of calling him shit.

I replied with nonsense, because it is. We have changed formation this season and are now playing predominantly with a loan striker, and we did revert to a 442 recently.
Not giving a kids run out - again nonsense, we have played more kids this season than any previous.

As for the rest of your outburst at me - Pathetic

Untwist your knickers and have a read of posts before getting bent out of shape

My, you are a delicate flower. Calm down FFS and lets look what you wrote

And my response was:

"Hes doing absolutely fine. As for not changing formation, that's nonsense as predominatly we have played the loan striker this season compared to last. Giving kids a run out, also nonsense"

So petal, show me where I have accused you of calling him shit.

I replied with nonsense, because it is. We have changed formation this season and are now playing predominantly with a loan striker, and we did revert to a 442 recently.
Not giving a kids run out - again nonsense, we have played more kids this season than any previous.

As for the rest of your outburst at me - Pathetic

Untwist your knickers and have a read of posts before getting bent out of shape

Fucking hell. We only got Sergio on loan. Shit when's it up ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.