Spurs vs City post match

We were vulnerable going into this game with players missing and difficult preparation.

Spurs had more travel and 3 key players missing. We've spent 2/3 times more money than them. Roll out the excuses some more!

Outplayed today.
Mistakes punished by Tottenham,never really looked like getting back into it once the second went in.
Poor performance,but credit to an excellent spurs side.
The international break has probably come at the right time for us.
Crush Everton and we will be back smiling.

[QUOTE="Not replacing the full backs once again is going to cost us. None of them are good enough for this level any more never mind europe.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but it's over for Zaba & Kolarov now. Liabilities. What about Angelino & Maffeo? They couldn't have done any worse today.

As deluded as it sounds I think this loss might not be too bad a thing!
Spurs were excellent so no complaints from me on the result! The target is off our back. It's vital now we lick our wounds and bounce back though!

My only gripe is I thought Pep got the full backs wrong! With how Spurs full backs play I think we needed our 2 quicker ones to cope with them!

Some poor performances today that can't be swept under the carpet!

On another note I thought that was Stones best game for us, I thought he was superb.

It was like living in a time warp from previous seasons.No leader,a lack of passion,too many side wards and passing back balls put us under tremendous pressure and OK the defence was pretty poor but it didn`t help with that midfield,who should have kept the supply of Spurs balls to the front at a minimum.
I would suspect that this has finally opened Peps eyes as to where we lack decent players in certain key positions.Mr Khaldoon sir,I think Pep may be asking for that cheque book to become available in January ... please do the honours.

we always saw this game as a game we could drop...

hard to lose but we were never going to walk the title.

We won't be walking anything with this defence. It's dreadful.

Of the six games we have won, 5 were against teams in the bottom half, mostly the bottom 4. It was masking the problems which are no De Bruyne we struggle and a defence that has kept one clean sheet in 7 games.

Wake up call the last 2 games. Kompany and De Bruyne will need to come back quickly!

We got bullied today, physically. Out muscled, outworked. Spurs were very good
Yep, couldn't put it better.

Even Pep-team (Barca under Pep) probably wouldn't win today.

City would have need superb performance, one touch passing to go through pressing and to be clinical with chances. Not happened.

Like I said before it was 4th away game in a row, it's very hard, especially after tough frantic midweek game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.