Spurs vs City post match

Serious question (not WUMming); can we rely on Vinnie's long term fitness any more?

No. we can't rely on him or Zabaleta anymore and Kolorov has never been one to trust on a regular basis. Worrying Ottamendi has been crap the last 2 games too!

The defence is poor.

Only positive for me is that we are still top and have played the rags, spuds and stoke away! Down side is kolarov has done the same as last season....played well for 5 or 6 games then gone to fuck again! Zabba is finished in this team now as well

Great post, the positive is that our weaknesses are obvious and so relatively easily fixed.

im not sure they are easily fixed without a transfer window and i cant see that happening in the new year.....

sagna fits better than zabba but Pep has already said he needs to rotate these players due to the work that esp sagna put in last year and due to the work rate required

with an injury to our midfield wee have no-one to come in other than fernando and his ball use, speed of thought and passing simply is poor and he is a very weak link.....it also leaves silva isolated when he plays as he simply doesn't support enough....but again who comes in instead of him when we need him......the difference when gusongan came on was notable but again these players play in a position which needs to be rotated.....no way Ilkay can play every game (even without injury) hence why he didnt start today and then you see what happens....so one injury to our midfield and we drop a whole level or 2 ...again are we going to get a decent central midfielder in January - I don't think so and Yaya definitely aint going to play so I'm not sure it can be solved.

The only bit that gets solved easily in January is navas....Gabriel Jesus coming in gives us another option but as we are seeing with Sane, he will need time as Sane looks way off the pace even in the glimpses we've seen....Jesus could be different as he will come off the back of playing regularly (but that could work against him as well)

Almost every game is won and lost in midfield and we were absolutely overrun in central mid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.