Spurs vs City post match

fully agree...without kdb and Kompany and with fernando navas and kolorov on the pitch Pep needs to change it or risk losing the really important games against our direct rivals (spurs liverpool and arsenal)

Truth is, if we have to play those players together, it doesn't matter if he changes it. We either play better on the day as a team, or get beat.

Kolarov can do better than that, as can Otamendi. They need to calm the fuck down & play.

As a neutral obaerver, you just played a team that has had the same coach for 3+ years and has built a team suited perfectly for his style of play. And you played them away.

And for everyone who was frustrated with Sterling in the final third - that has been his thing the last 3 years.

Next 5 games:
Everton home
Barca away
Soton home
United away
Barca home

Koeman and Puel will have only chance against us if they ress us and try to copy Celtic and Spurs, they are inteligent managers imo so they will try to do that.
Two Barca games will be jut fucking hard and I expect us to have some injuries due to international games too. They certainly will press us, Luis Enrique wants not only finish on top of the group as thats a big advantage I am sure he wants to put Pep in his place as even tho he has been succesful at Barca Pep is still hold in much higher regard there than Luis Enrique.
While United away with Mourinho will be a fun game but could get really dirty.

Btw both Celtic and Spurs scored really early, we couldnt keep a clean sheet for 10 minutes in neither game. We havent been behind before this season, but now 2 games in a row we are behind and 1 draw, 1 loss from these.

Awful.

Gifted them the game in the first half.

Problems we have needed to address for at least two seasons now starting to show yet again.

Full backs too old and slow, no depth in the midfield and absolutely zero plan b.

Sticking Navas out on the left when we had a near 50 million left footed winger on the bench was baffling.

Best advice is to stay away from any form of media over the next two weeks as we will be getting hammered from the cockney media.

Is Nolito back for Everton?
Should be.

While I understand fans frustration look at the bright side, City didn't lose to Stoke, whatever. Spurs one of the best teams in Europe at the home ground. Along with Liverpool.

Team did fantastic 10 wins strike. Had plenty of chances in the end. It's still only two month under Pep guidance. Be more patient.

Exactly, they got injures and the squad player came in and made a difference. Not sure you can say the same for Navas and Fernando but you may have a different opinion?
I think they are well stoked in that position and I could actually see both Wanyama and Alli starting even when all fit, we were fucked due to the Nolito ban. Had he been out there it would have been a bit better, Sterling could have played on the right from the start as well.

Better team won on the day. Pep will learn loads from that. Bravo and stones best for me. Kolorov, Ota, Fernando, Navas, gundogan Zaba not at the required standard for today's game.
I think gundogan is getting unfair treatment here, the moment he came on the games momentum started to shift and we looked alot better

Fernando, Navas, Zabaleta all starting. Too many players who simply aren't good enough for where we need to be.

Why are Gundogan and Sane (£70 million of talent) on the bench in a big game only for Fernando and Navas to start? Spending £50 million on Sane to start Navas ahead of him is bizarre IMO. We'd be laughing at United if they did that.

Our top players are the best in the country, but we still have so many average players in the squad. Also, we're nowhere near as good without KDB - same as last season. Full backs not good enough, only have two CBs good enough, not sure centre midfield is that great either. Is Silva really good enough to be a centre midfielder in such a physical league? I'm not sure.

Hopefully Pep's learned that and all 3 won't be playing together on the same pitch unless it's against a shit side in a cup tie

Sane looked good when he came on hopefully he'll start next game

Possibly started with the wrong team but gundogan could not have played a full game after such a long lay off. We have to see how they react against Everton. A game too far me thinks. Onwards and upwards, kev will be back soon as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.