Spurs vs City post match

Level playing field? Who has accumulated the most points over last and this season? Additionally, they've beaten us THREE games on the bounce.

Some City fans just can't see what's in front of them and have a RAG arrogance.

Spurs can defend, we can't can't. We are better going forward.

Spot on, vinnie is needed and hopefully we get new full backs next season even though I love sagna

Thankfully there's only Spurs and Liverpool capable of pressing like that. We'll win the league but have a long way to go before we reach what Pep wants.

No shame in losing to a better team. Poch has done a great job with spurs, but he's also had 2 full seasons to put his squad together and implement his ideas. Our fella has had about 15 games including pre season.

Lot of work to do and I have no doubt it will be done.
Completely agree.

You can't win everything.

We came back against Celtic just a few days back three times. That is definitely character. I am not going to get into stats, but I have seen enough commitment and character from our team in most of the matches to go and start questioning everything today.

Coming back against Celtic is miles away from Spurs, Dippers and Arse.

I've never looked forward to an International break like this ever,we have had a torrid week,let's be honest,but as he said on Sky at the end,we are human after all,but the best coach in the world picked the wrong side today,he has to hold his hand's up to that.

But on the bright side,we still top,and look forward to the Everton match in 13 days time,but no Kolarov please

A new manager still trying to sort out his best team and impose his ideas on the squad going into a tough away game, with the opposition bang in form, missing key players, a defeat was always on the cards. Before Pep arrived many on here and in the media were saying what a big job he had on his hands, ageing squad etcetera and the blistering start we have had possibly masked that this still remains the case.

We have two highly rated players in Sane and Gundogan who have been injured and need to settle in and get used to the pace of the premier league, once they do that should help. We still need a top quality defender to replace Kompany who I am afraid is finished now, a tough pacey midfield player, two younger full backs and in my opinion another top class forward.

We might have been second best for large parts of the game but with a little more luck and composure could have nicked a point. Spurs are three years in the making, with some quality players and manager and last season's experience has toughened them up. Pep pretty much sums it up here.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "They were better. We were not in the right positions so congratulations to them.

"The first goal is quite similar to the one we conceded in Glasgow, it is always difficult to recover. We played much better in the last 15 or 20 minutes. We knew they would press us high, we wanted that but they did it better.

"[Losing] It is part of the game, part of our job. I never thought that we would not lose a game, you can't imagine that. It is normal to the process, sometimes it happens and it can help us improve.

"I am not here for the talk around me, I am here to do my job. It is October, you cannot imagine my team is already done. I am new here. So far it has been an amazing performance but we need more, we have to work more, it is what it is.

"At the end of the season you can win and still realise that you are not perfect."

No shame in losing to a better team. Poch has done a great job with spurs, but he's also had 2 full seasons to put his squad together and implement his ideas. Our fella has had about 15 games including pre season.

Lot of work to do and I have no doubt it will be done.

At last , a little perspective

Thankfully there's only Spurs and Liverpool capable of pressing like that. We'll win the league but have a long way to go before we reach what Pep wants.

Were you at the Leicester game at home last season? Thankfully, they look like a busted flush.

Earth. Falling. Bang!
Pep. He's just a very good coach who can occasionally gets it wrong. Not the superhuman I was beginning to think that he actually was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.