Squad Depth/Injuries mounting up

Burnley away, Leicester at home, Basel away, Wigan away, Arsenal at home, Arsenal away.

Probably looking at all those matches in the next 4 weeks with only Aguero, Sterling & Bernardo as the our forwards. With the odd Diaz cameo & maybe a Wigan start. At least now there’s a bigger gap in between games.

Just hope those three aren’t knackered by the time March starts. A lot of tough matches there.

Whilst I agree with this I think Diaz has the ability to fill in, his finishing is just as unreliable as Sterling's but for me he's fully capable of coming in against the lower level sides to give rest to others.

Whilst I agree with this I think Diaz has the ability to fill in, his finishing is just as unreliable as Sterling's but for me he's fully capable of coming in against the lower level sides to give rest to others.
How are either’s finishing ability unreliable this season?

i can accept muscle injuries like Mendy, Kompany and Delph.
but injuries from bad tackle really makes me mad.

How are either’s finishing ability unreliable this season?

Well I can't fault Diaz as he's not been involved in much at the highest level but it is what it is, his finishing isn't going to be at the level we require at this stage in his career and let's be serious here, you don't know what you'll get from Sterling in front of goal aka unreliable. If Sterling had good technique, he'd be scoring a lot more in this side. Unreliable simply means

And what about when he was through on goal tonight and missed? You do understand what unreliable means? It doesn't mean they can't score, it's that they can't be entrusted with day in, day out and if we had both Sterling and Diaz starting, it'd be a struggle on the goal front more than we'd want. I'm actually backing Diaz for more game time here but he's not infallible

Thank god Agüero found his form again in January after that shoddy run of form before the New Year

One other thing that sucks about then depth right now is that our line-up is extremely predictable in terms of the midfield & attack. We really don’t have any curve balls we can throw at Arsenal.

We really cannot claim to have a small squad. More a case of needing a very big squad in order to compete on four fronts more so when due almost entirely to having no protection from referees, it is the norm to have players scythed down in the vast majority of domestic matches.

We have the 4th smallest squad in Europe. Check out transfermarkt.com. They miss out the likes of Foden as he hasn't featured enough but it's the same for all teams.

We have quality not quantity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.