Stadium Communities - Dissertation

Slicker than Sommeil

Currently doing my dissertation on the Communities around football stadiums, and specifically in Manchester.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone lived directly next to Maine Road while the Mecca was there... (Past)

Or currently lives in the area close to the Etihad. And the development of the Campus. (Present)

And finally anyone who will be affected by the FCUM proposal for their 'stadium community'. (Future)

I'm currently drawing up questionnaires for residents around these areas. And comparing the 3 between the past, present and the future.

Is there any comments that you guys have that could help me grasp the issues or benefits of living in a stadium community on match days... like traffic, parking, noise, hooliganism crowd control etc. There's probably things I'v missed in my literature review that I need to address and think of. So comments

(and the reason I haven't used the rags, one they're not in Manc, and 2 it's a social and planning based topic, so focusing on residents, not industrial estates..)

Cheers in advance Blues.

I lived next to Old Trafford for a couple of years, which is of no use to you. However, I can confirm that it was shit and living next to a football stadium when there is a football match, pop concert, x-factor audition etc, is a ball ache. Of course, this was not helped by the fact that 90% of the attendees were cunts.

Well, it's in tomorrow... Just finishing it all off before getting it binded in the morning... Long night ahead. It's been fun reading about Maine Road and Etihad which both got positive receptions for my research, whereas the FCUM got mostly negative views.

Just wanted to say that in my acknowledgements I've thanked Bluemoon forum and it's members for the help that people have offered with regards to my dissertation.

"I would also like to thank the members of the Bluemoon forum website, who are always willing to help out a fellow Blue."

So if anyone is in the School for Environment and Development/Kantorowich Library at Uni of Manc have a look out for it...

Cheers everyone! Much appreciated.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
Well, it's in tomorrow... Just finishing it all off before getting it binded in the morning... Long night ahead. It's been fun reading about Maine Road and Etihad which both got positive receptions for my research, whereas the FCUM got mostly negative views.

I don't know why people have a downer on FCUM - I think it will be good for Moston ;)

Best of luck with the finished article.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.