Stan Bowles RIP

Great memories of standing with my dad on the kippax mesmerised by the maverick Stan Bowles playing for QPR and the chant of “Stanley, Stanley where’s your wife” ringing out and the nonchalant shrug of the shoulder’s response.
Ever the entertainer his appearance on TV's Superstars wasn't as successful. Competing against other athletes in various sports, following a night out with James Hunt, and clearly still hungover, he scored the lowest points in the show's history.

Rest well Stan

Last edited:
I remember him hitting a shot which was one of the best saves I have ever seen against Joe Corrigan, it was amongst the Stanley Stanley where's your wife and him shrugging his shoulders b4 taking a throw in. He applauded Joe for the save.

Love Stan, went to a game at QPR a few years ago to raise money for Alzheimer’s, they played Bournemouth. .
Never forget being in the Kippax when he split up with his wife.. “Stanley Stanley where’s yer wife we bellowed.. He walked up to the Kippax and smiled, then shrugged his shoulders ..

LEGEND ..!
Was talking about that last night after the match, I was in the Kippax next to the Gene Kelly corner, very funny, the story had broken in one of the Red Tops on the Friday, RIP Stanley, a true legend and now at peace after a terrible illness.

Love Stan, went to a game at QPR a few years ago to raise money for Alzheimer’s, they played Bournemouth. .
Never forget being in the Kippax when he split up with his wife.. “Stanley Stanley where’s yer wife we bellowed.. He walked up to the Kippax and smiled, then shrugged his shoulders ..

LEGEND ..!
I remember it well.

LEGEND ..!
We had a few like that Neville southall was another in the Everton game, they used to have banter with you back in the day now you’d get a banning order:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.