Star Trek

Star Trek, when good, was the best and most important fictional TV show ever made.

Unfortunately it reached those heights on only a handful of occasions across all its series. THE DRUMHEAD seems more relevant with each passing day. DARMOK, THE MEASURE OF A MAN, and THE INNER LIGHT are triumphs of single episode TV.

Those aren't the best episodes of Trek and they're all TNG but they're the most important - for the large effects they've had on ethics, philosophy, AI and linguistics research and other topics alone but also how they stand as moral guidance to a humanist outlook.

Outside those episodes that are important, a and a few more that are just good TV, I can take it or leave it most of the time. When Trek is bad, it is grotesquely cringe inducingly bad
raw

Star Trek, when good, was the best and most important fictional TV show ever made.

Unfortunately it reached those heights on only a handful of occasions across all its series. THE DRUMHEAD seems more relevant with each passing day. DARMOK, THE MEASURE OF A MAN, and THE INNER LIGHT are triumphs of single episode TV.

Those aren't the best episodes of Trek and they're all TNG but they're the most important - for the large effects they've had on ethics, philosophy, AI and linguistics research and other topics alone but also how they stand as moral guidance to a humanist outlook.

Outside those episodes that are important, a and a few more that are just good TV, I can take it or leave it most of the time. When Trek is bad, it is grotesquely cringe inducingly bad

I would say DS9 In the pale moonlight, OS balance of terror and the city on the edge of forever were equally questioning on ethics and humanity, futility of war etc.

I know it's based around the original Star Trek but the new films with Chris pine have been very good,just wondering (if they make anymore ) will they introduce the Borg even though they only came in on the next generation..

I know it's based around the original Star Trek but the new films with Chris pine have been very good,just wondering (if they make anymore ) will they introduce the Borg even though they only came in on the next generation..

They could and also the Q or the dominian etc as it's a seperate timeline existing alongside the prime timeline.

I would lile to see the mirror universe maybe used again.

They could and also the Q or the dominian etc as it's a seperate timeline existing alongside the prime timeline.

I would lile to see the mirror universe maybe used again.
Is that the one where Kirk ends up swapping places with himself same crew but in the other universe their all wanting to be top dog ...

Haha quite dashing,what's this discovery series all about mate,when is it based after Kirk or around same time ..

New series coming soon set after enterprise and 10 years before the original series, rumours it will center on the romulan border and the neutral zone.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.