State Pension Increases

Bit of advice needed if possible please. If someone inherited a deceased partners NHS Pension which was 15 years paid into, but didn't want to instantly take it . Then would it grow from the deferred date to the point of when it was then taken in the future. Or would it be frozen from point of death until the future date it was claimed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks for reply.
You are right I am sure but my mix of SERPS type pensions has not changed, yet last year I got the full 10.1 percent.
My letter made no mention of a change in the mix variation but chose only one of them for 8.5 percent increase.
A change must have happened but they chose not to tell me the detail in the letter.
Alternatively they are mistaken and owe me some more of the NI money I have already fully paid into the system.
I opted out years ago, God knows where that money is or how I find it?

You should get a larger private pension after paying lower NI payments towards your state pension.

Yes, that's what happened to me. The SERPS element of my SP went to a separate pension scheme with Royal London which they invested for 27 years. And that money (approx 80k if I remember) along with my own money I put every month into another Royal London pension (approx 50k) enabled me to take retirement at 62.5 years , until I got my state pension at 66 years old.

Bit of advice needed if possible please. If someone inherited a deceased partners NHS Pension which was 15 years paid into, but didn't want to instantly take it . Then would it grow from the deferred date to the point of when it was then taken in the future. Or would it be frozen from point of death until the future date it was claimed. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I’d take it now, purely because you don’t know how long you would live why not have it now and get all those years from it.

Reactions: PPT
You should get a larger private pension after paying lower NI payments towards your state pension.

Cheers pal. Not sure who the pension was with but had something through a few years ago saying I had approx £10,000 in an account, Pelican on the letter. I assume that could be it so probably need to get in touch with them as I’m planning on semi-retiring in 3 years.

Will see what it brings.

I opted out years ago, God knows where that money is or how I find it?
I have no idea.
I just stayed with NI contributions and found that my pension is a combo of 4 different things.
I contributed to other pension schemes but at my time they could not be transferred so we're frozen when I changed jobs.
When I retired I finished having to buy annuities. I amalgamated the smaller value ones and bought the best from the FT best percentage. Other s had guarenteed final percentages so obviously retained them.
Now the annuities continue but only one increases but it gave a full 10.1 last year and a full 8.5 this year so I wondered why NI state pension was not doing so.

A lot of small info in that post. Would need more clarity to advise with any kind of accuracy. I think from date of death.This would be small money too, not much at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.