State Pension Increases

I gave Phoenix the details they had asked for and once verified my identity, I got that pleasant surprise yesterday
whoever my potential pot is with won't know where to write to me so I'll have to think of another way

thanks anyway

Based upon that logic then I might as well not pay, I've 35 yrs as of last September yet earn more than 4 times the average UK salary. But hey lets leave it to those who cant afford to pick up the tab.

I fully understand that people want to hold onto their money and in the ideal world everyone should pay in a certain amount and then be able to take out what they have contributed. But listening to the mood music its a choice between setting the retirement age at around 70 within the next 2 decades, means testing the state pension or something else which is what I was proposing. Having the attitude I'm alright Jack and fuck everyone else, isn't great for our kids or grandchildren.

If you means test the state pension too many people would stop paying into a private one. It wouldn't make any sense.

If they means test my state pension I will burn parliament down with all the fuckers in it.

I’m reliably informed nation debt and trade imbalances mean nothing anymore.
by a bloke down the pub?

National debt of a couple of trillion, chalking up interest that has to be paid even without chipping away at the couple of trillion and rising.
Money markets looking at the UK may reckon it's a dodgy economy will expect a higher rate of return on their 30-year bonds.
Govt living free and easy increasing the debt, borrowing more to pay off the interest and getting nothing in return for the nation, just some cushy jobs for when they get ousted.
Debt £2.6tn and rising £39bn in 3 months.

I have more faith in the facts from the ONS:
UK general government gross debt was £2,654.3 billion at the end of Quarter 3 (July to Sept) 2023, equivalent to 100.0% of gross domestic product (GDP). UK general government deficit (or net borrowing) was £39.2 billion in Quarter 3 2023, equivalent to 5.8% of GDP.

If you means test the state pension too many people would stop paying into a private one. It wouldn't make any sense.

If they means test my state pension I will burn parliament down with all the fuckers in it.
Fully agree that means testing isn't the right approach as it penalises people who have tried to save for their future.

by a bloke down the pub?

National debt of a couple of trillion, chalking up interest that has to be paid even without chipping away at the couple of trillion and rising.
Money markets looking at the UK may reckon it's a dodgy economy will expect a higher rate of return on their 30-year bonds.
Govt living free and easy increasing the debt, borrowing more to pay off the interest and getting nothing in return for the nation, just some cushy jobs for when they get ousted.

UK general government gross debt was £2,654.3 billion at the end of Quarter 3 (July to Sept) 2023, equivalent to 100.0% of gross domestic product (GDP). UK general government deficit (or net borrowing) was £39.2 billion in Quarter 3 2023, equivalent to 5.8% of GDP.
The point about the money markets is what I dont think many people understand. Countries, like most big businesses are run on the basis of revolving credit facility, which allows investment. The rate that they borrow at is governed by the likes of Moodys who give countries a ratings.

The UK used to be AAA (the best you could get), now its only AA, the lower the UK growth is in terms of trade and the worse the debt burden becomes, the lower the rating and the higher the UK is charged for borrowing on international money markets.

Whilst the government has massively mismanaged public finances and wasted billions, there is no magic money tree, quantitative easing (printing money) eventually has to be paid for and if the economy fails to grow sufficiently then you're up shit creek, which is pretty much where we are.

by a bloke down the pub?

Yes well done for having look at the UKs £2.5 trillion Government debt it's a little like a student loan never gets paid off just what effect doe's it have on your daily life, we live in a country that lets billionaires pay very little tax so there's going to be a shortfall unless we all pay more tax, on a side note what's your view on the USAs Government debt of 34.5 trillion dollars doesn't seem to bother them.

The point about the money markets is what I dont think many people understand. Countries, like most big businesses are run on the basis of revolving credit facility, which allows investment. The rate that they borrow at is governed by the likes of Moodys who give countries a ratings.

The UK used to be AAA (the best you could get), now its only AA, the lower the UK growth is in terms of trade and the worse the debt burden becomes, the lower the rating and the higher the UK is charged for borrowing on international money markets.

Whilst the government has massively mismanaged public finances and wasted billions, there is no magic money tree, quantitative easing (printing money) eventually has to be paid for and if the economy fails to grow sufficiently then you're up shit creek, which is pretty much where we are.
Correct lots of Western countries if you compare them to house holders live beyond their means France has a very similar nation debt to the UK hence they have the same AA rating, the good thing is Countries aren't houses it not really the way to compare. The thing is we won't be effected by the repayments nor I doubt will be our children or Grand children. We either carry this national debt have another ten years of Austerity or go back to working for buttons manufacturing stuff while a very few get mega rich. Hence why we stick with what we've got personally I don't think we're up shit creek just yet.

This affects you how exactly
I have my own business, people haven't got the same money they had, people are being cautious, not spending, you see people with new cars and think everything is good in the world, for a lot of people it isn't and a lot of that is due to the uncertainty in the UK and around the world, and the UKs huge debt is just part of the problem...over to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.