State Pension Increases

You only pay income tax, the benefit being that its been allowed to grow in a tax free wrapper for x years.
Agreed. apart from the occasional overnight raid on Pension Funds by the
Gov of the day.
Got to assume that if receiving a state pension NI not being extracted.

No they didn’t!

All private pension contributions get full tax relief for basic and high rate tax payers.

So a basic rate tax payer puts £80 in a private pension, the pension provider claims a further £20 off the govt.
If you are a high rate tax payer you get £20 put in as above and you have to claim the other £20 through a tax return.

If the pension contributions are made via a salary sacrifice scheme you don’t need to claim it. It’s done via PAYE

I had a similar letter this week. It's money I knew about but hadn't realised I'd lost track and they didn't have my address. The letter explains they track you down and make contact. I phoned up, answered a few security questions and was reunited with 14k of pension.

U really need to sort my own pensions out. Get them consolidated into something I control. Was there someone on here whon used to do that sort of thing.
I had same week before lockdown started. Pension of just under £30k I didn't know I had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.