State pension question...

My good lady and yours truly have been sorting out our pensions, investments, savings etc and the question of...if one of us dies before we both reach pensionable age does or can the other person claim all or some of the now deceased persons pension ??, any old giffers on here know ??

Morbidly yours TRB

Don't believe state pension is transferable

I have not a clue, but it’s a good question and I keenly await the answer.

I still don’t have a clue but this link might help.

My good lady and yours truly have been sorting out our pensions, investments, savings etc and the question of...if one of us dies before we both reach pensionable age does or can the other person claim all or some of the now deceased persons pension ??, any old giffers on here know ??

Morbidly yours TRB
Just asked Mrs MSB who is up on these things.

State Pensions are individual and die with the person.

Morbidly yours TRB
Occupational pensions are often transferrable although I think at a percentage. State pension is not, it dies with you

Martin Lewis confirmed this on his ITV show last week.

It’s a clear as mud but, from what I can make of it, you may be entitled to some part of your deceased partners state pension under specific circumstances that I personally won’t meet.

According to Martin Lewis the answer is no if it’s the new state pension.
If you check his last episode which was televised last Tuesday S12 Ep 22, the whole show was devoted to pensions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.