Steel in midfield: the best option

ojeme

We have been linked with a whole lot of holding midfielders this summer for obvious reasons. confident as I am that we'll complete the more spectacular signings, I believe we need real steel in the center and so I have outlined a number of our targets so we can discuss and see who fits the bll the most:

Gianelli Imbula: comments about him on BM have been positive but i doubt we are keen on landing him
Charles Aranguiz: same as above only that maybe with MP and Txixi watching him shine at Copa America, interest may be ignited. Also his price tag seems really low and that may be an important consideration given that we'd spend really big in other areas
Matías Kranevitter: seems a good prospect but whether or not he's ready for the big stage is another kettle of fish. Its okay if we sign him for the future so that if he doesn't impress right away we don't lose but if it'd cost close to 20 million pounds to do that, we may want to consider other options
Lars Bender: not sure he's gotten over his injury troubles and that for me should be a major factor in deciding whether to go for him or not
Geoffrey Kondogbia: unfortunate that he's signed up already as he would have been my choice amoongst this talented bunch mainly because of his experience at 22, this is apart from his on-the-ball and off-the-ball skills
Grzegorz Krychowiak: never heard or read that we've been linked to him but he was hugely impressive for Sevilla last season and I thought he was worth including in this list
Morgan Schneiderlin: just like the above, we have not been linked to Morgan and i'm astounded at this because not only is he one of the best in the league in this role, he is home grown (this should not be a primary yardstick, though) and his experience in the league cannot be overemphasized
Alex Song: home grown too but whether he'll do enough to make us strong contenders to win the league and progress in the champions league is another matter. would come pretty cheap too.
Fernando Reges: finally i included our own Fernando because he showed promise at the start of last season. would it be safe to give him a shot next season especially if we'd be lining up three in CM where he'll blossom doing his bit while we save funds for other areas?

Tbh, if it was down to abilities and skills alone, i'd pick Grzegorz Krychowiak but considering all the other relevant factors (money and the fact that we've never been linked to Grzegorz), i'd probably go for Charles Aranguiz. Who do you think will do the best job in strictly a holding midfield/destroyer/co-ordinator role for us?
Remember to give reasons so its not just "Morgan" for example but "Morgan because he is home grown"
Cheers!

Alex Song for me. Home grown, Lots of Prem League experience and is only 27 which some forget. Wouldn’t moan if he didn’t play every game and he wouldn’t cost much either. When he’s on top form he’s a real player as we saw away at WHU last season.

What about this bloke?

Iron-Man-Tony-Stark-the-avengers-29489238-2124-2560.jpg

It's all down to balance, & who else we get imo.

If we missed Pogba, then I wouldn't have minded Kondogbia at all, but if we sign Pogba & Fernandinho stays, then any player we sign for that job is likely to be just a filler, who only plays to rest others or if we have injuries, so someone like Song to fill in whilst we find out if Kean Bryan starts to come through during this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.