Stoke Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan23

Listening to Edghill's weekly slating on GMR
Don't care if i'm premature, i'm already buzzin' for this one... time for Manuel to use his initiative and mix things up.

Stoke aren't the team they used be under Pulis so hopefully we should fare better under their recent attempts to try and play football

Still think it could be too soon for Kompany, hopefully bring him on last 20/30 minutes so he gets some game time before the Derby... however i'd start off with;

..........................................................HART........................................................

Zabaleta................Demichelis.......................Lescott........................Clichy

.....................................Milner................Fernandinho..................................

..................Silva............................Yaya.................................Nasri.................

......................................................Negredo......................................................

Bench- Panti, Kolorov, Kompany, Rodwell, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko

Solid starting X1 and also plenty of options on the bench if needs be.

Think Lescott will be more suited to combat Stoke's aerial threat up top.

Could also still be too soon for Jovetic but also like to see him come on at some point... (for nasri no doubt)

Keep Aguero on the bench, perfect player to bring on if we find ourselves chasing the game, would be ideal to keep him fresh for the derby where he can really thrive.

Hopefully we can nick the win and consequently have a fully fit, Kompany, Nastasic, Jovetic and Aguero raring to go in to the Derby!

Re: Stoke away

Nastasic? No way Kompany will feature.

Wouldn't be playing Nasri either, don't even see the point of having him on the bench. I'd still go with Aguero but failing that Jovetic (about time he made his debut).

mansour's tow ropes said:
Nastasic? No way Kompany will feature.

Wouldn't be playing Nasri either, don't even see the point of having him on the bench. I'd still go with Aguero but failing that Jovetic (about time he made his debut).

Like i said, I think Lescott will be able to cope with Stoke's aerial presence better than Nastastic, not agree?

Looking forward to this also

819258_Manchester_City.jpg

I do think that Negredo deserves a start so maybe switch Aguero into Nasri position and start Negredo

1 - 1 draw. we'll go behind after dominating and the get one back. Its happened loads of times away from home in recent years and with the international break I don't see enough time for Pelli to change much from the Cardiff and Hull games

hopefully the internationals with give the likes of jovetic,nastasic and aguero much needed minutes to get upto speed.

this is a tough place to go at the best of times and by all accounts have been playing well this season,where we have been a little dodgy defensively.

we are going to be have to be at our best to come away with the 3 points,saying that if we play to our maximum we will come away with them,i think we will go with a little more cautious approach.

id pick

HART,ZABBA,CLICHY,DEMICHELIS,NASTASIC,YAYA,MILNER,FERNANDINHO,NEGREDO,SILVA,AGUERO

2-1 for MCFC goals from aguero and negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.