Stoke vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancity dan

Great win last night. So now on to the next game.

Fingers crossed Aguero and Hart should be back for this one.

Early kick off so will allow us to put pressure on others with a win.

Last edited:
Aguero and Kun

Wouldn't it be great to have two?

I'm a bit concerned about Demichelis starting again now that Mangala is suspended. Hopefully we'll score enough at the other end that it doesn't matter.

Hate this fixture. Although I'm happy it's a 12.45 kick off as the later the louder and more intimidating it is at Stoke.

Hoping Hart is fit because Willy will get tested and bullied a lot. Not 2 bothered about Aguero for this 1 I think the strength and hold up play of Bony will be better for us.

Hart

Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolarov

Fernandinho Delph

De Bruyne Silva Sterling

Bony

That's how I would line up but Pellers will defo drop Delph for Yaya imo.

A little confidence is back now and the return of Silva we hopefully see the return to form for City.

3-1 City come on.

Losing Mangala is a blow.

Pellegrini has a decision to make regarding Toure, but I think he's already made it. If he was going to drop him when Silva returned then I think he would have played him against Hull. He was being rested for this game.

Kolarov and Sterling will come back in. I doubt Navas will be available.

Expecting a tight game that could go either way. Silva will get up to speed very quickly because he is a fit player. Aguero will take ages, but we need to play him as much as possible to get him fit. Arsenal away is coming up, and we need a match-fit Aguero by then.

Hate this fixture. Although I'm happy it's a 12.45 kick off as the later the louder and more intimidating it is at Stoke.

Hoping Hart is fit because Willy will get tested and bullied a lot. Not 2 bothered about Aguero for this 1 I think the strength and hold up play of Bony will be better for us.

Hart

Sagna Otamendi Mangala Kolarov

Fernandinho Delph

De Bruyne Silva Sterling

Bony

That's how I would line up but Pellers will defo drop Delph for Yaya imo.

A little confidence is back now and the return of Silva we hopefully see the return to form for City.

3-1 City come on.

It's a shame that Yaya is the one holding our team back. Delph has to get a run in this team now and see how that works out.

We need to start scoring goals away from home. 7 in the league away this season (only 3 teams have less) and 5 of them came in our first two aways in August. So 2 goals in our last 4 away matches. The last of which was KdB's against Spurs.

As a result no away wins since September in the league. So we need goals this weekend.

Is Kompany definitely out?

Not entirely sure what I'd do with Silva for this one either. Obviously we're all desperate to see him back playing regularly - suppose it depends on how he reacts to last night's run out.

If he's not right to start, I'd be tempted to go with a midfield/front 3 of:

-----------------Yaya-------------------
---Fernandinho-------Delph---------
--De Bruyne---Bony---------Sterling

Otherwise:
----------Fernandinho/Delph-------
-------Yaya----------Fernandinho/Delph

I fear though that we might see Yaya shoehorned into the 'No. 10' position again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.