Stone Roses at Finsbury Park

Stuuuuuu said:
So have they played any new songs at these recent gigs? If so, what's the verdict?

nope. they've said they won't be bringing an album out for 5 years so personally, if they say it will be that long, I can't see them doing anything new. I think they'll do the gigs living on their past, make milions and call it a day again within the year. I hope they release new stuff as I love squires talent at writing songs, seahorses I thought were brilliant, his guitar playing is immense as well as reni on the drums two very very talented musicians.

mcfc1894 said:
Stuuuuuu said:
So have they played any new songs at these recent gigs? If so, what's the verdict?

nope. they've said they won't be bringing an album out for 5 years so personally, if they say it will be that long, I can't see them doing anything new. I think they'll do the gigs living on their past, make milions and call it a day again within the year. I hope they release new stuff as I love squires talent at writing songs, seahorses I thought were brilliant, his guitar playing is immense as well as reni on the drums two very very talented musicians.

I'm not sure I can agree that Seahorses were brilliant. Squire ended up scrapping the second album, going solo and then hanging up his guitar. There were some painfully bad songs on that Seahorses record.

At least the reformation has allowed younger fans to see them play for the first ever time. I was only learning about them for the first time when they split so missed the opportunity to see gigs wasn't there. I'd be disappointed if your thoughts became reality but still believe we'll hear something at some point. They're too genuine as people to reform solely for the money.

Stuuuuuu said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
Stuuuuuu said:
Huh? I'm guessing you mean the Twelve Pins.

Green Lane mate , used to go to their Reggae and Dub nights when working nearby , Shafsbury had some okay live acts as well butt preferred the dog on a string mob ;-)

Oh yeah, by Manor House. I've had one or two erm, experiences in there.

....had a couple of whitey`s myself ......:) under me sensi

mcfc1894 said:
Stuuuuuu said:

I think John was being somewhat tongue in cheek when he made that comment mate.

Went friday night and it was absolutely awesome. Preferred it to heaton park and thought the crowd was more genuine fans than the many "there to say they were there" fans at heaton park. Was bouncing around and loving it from start to finish.

Went on Saturday. Stayed in Primrose Hill and onto Camden in the day. Met loads of decent people through the day and at Finsbury Park, got bladdered and had a massive sing song to some of the best tunes ever turned out. Did Browns vocals seem a bit off key? did Squire indulge in his guitar? Of course they did.. it was the Stone Roses and it was fucking excellent!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.