Strike on 30th June

without a dream said:
SWP's back said:
without a dream said:
The latter, also it's 8% as far as I'm aware.

1. Contribution rate

TPS contributions are payable by scheme members and their employers. Current contribution rates are 6.4% of contributable salary for teachers and 14.1% of contributable salary for employers. The rates are regularly reviewed by the Scheme Actuary.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/employers/employers13.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/emplo ... yers13.htm</a>

Fair enough, I was just going off what my Mum says she pays, that'll teach me for not doing my research!

Lol, Never trust a teacher's word for it.

SWP's back said:
kronkonite said:
we want a decent pension for all

especially for those who do work of greater social value

like teachers and street cleaners -for every pound these people earn they provide £11 worth of social value

For every £1 a banker or a financier earns they cost society £11

your source for these ridiculous figures?

btw not everyone in the private sector is a banker/financier

I have a sneaking idea he doesn't actually know what a banker/financier is... I have a vivid picture of him sitting in the corner of a pub randomingly shouting out words like he has some sort of "captalist tourettes", well at least that is the image his increasingly random posts conjure up.

metalblue said:
SWP's back said:
kronkonite said:
we want a decent pension for all

especially for those who do work of greater social value

like teachers and street cleaners -for every pound these people earn they provide £11 worth of social value

For every £1 a banker or a financier earns they cost society £11

your source for these ridiculous figures?

btw not everyone in the private sector is a banker/financier

I have a sneaking idea he doesn't actually know what a banker/financier is... I have a vivid picture of him sitting in the corner of a pub randomingly shouting out words like he has some sort of "captalist tourettes", well at least that is the image his increasingly random posts conjure up.
You may have a point

Obviously this is a subjectional debate, pendant on which sector you work in and to a certain degree, your political persuasion.

I work in the public sector, in a call centre, which uses technology used in the private sector. We cannot "take it easy" as our performance is scrutinized on a daily basis.

To all those people who are unsympathetic about the flexible working patterns - at least these are in the contract. People in the private sector use it in underhand ways (sitting in vans, golf lol!)

Our department works on a shift basis and we have little access to flexitime.

The wages we receive are lower than that in the private sector and there are no OTE earnings, which I knew when I got the job. However, the "perk" better than average pension helped sway my decision to join the department.

I will be striking tomorrow as I believe that not only are the pension reforms wrong, but the way they have been suggested is wrong too.

The main issue between the posters on here seems to be whether there should be social responsibility. Should you live life for yourself or for the good of yourself and others around you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.