Stuart Pearce

Keegan to Pearce must've been one of the worst downgrades in history. Selling Anelka/SWP and buying Samaras/Vassell managerial genius.

Keegan to Pearce must've been one of the worst downgrades in history. Selling Anelka/SWP and buying Samaras/Vassell managerial genius.
Had no choice because of our financial situation but this standing still produced the most turgid and mind bogling dire football that I've ever seen at City and is top of the list as the worse City manager I've seen !

Had no choice because of our financial situation but this standing still produced the most turgid and mind bogling dire football that I've ever seen at City and is top of the list as the worse City manager I've seen !
Yes , can't blame Pearce for the reduced quality of players as the club were desperate for the money. Problem was we ended up with much poorer players and a very poor manager. The players must have been sat in the dressing room towards the end of his last season knowing we were only heading in one direction as a club and the fans certainly felt it , lost nearly all the games at the tail end of that season and saw as many Dodos as home goals after the new year.

A terrible , terrible distant memory matched only by the thoughts of Frank Clark and Lee Bradbury but I drank far more under Frank so it was less painful.

Yes , can't blame Pearce for the reduced quality of players as the club were desperate for the money. Problem was we ended up with much poorer players and a very poor manager. The players must have been sat in the dressing room towards the end of his last season knowing we were only heading in one direction as a club and the fans certainly felt it , lost nearly all the games at the tail end of that season and saw as many Dodos as home goals after the new year.

A terrible , terrible distant memory matched only by the thoughts of Frank Clark and Lee Bradbury but I drank far more under Frank so it was less painful.
There was almost mutiny in the stands at Blackburn away in the FAC QF. Awful atmosphere between fans, fights, all sorts...the worst I'd seen it since the end of the Swales days.

There was almost mutiny in the stands at Blackburn away in the FAC QF. Awful atmosphere between fans, fights, all sorts...the worst I'd seen it since the end of the Swales days.
Remember a few scuffles between fans as some defended Pearce and his tactics given the players available and some just recognised he was inept and way out of his depth. Both were right in part , a better manager would possibly have got more out of the squad and one with more personality may have roused the players and fans. The atmosphere and feel of inevitably sinking back out of the Premier league got to a lot of people. Thankfully in came Shinawatra and Sven to save us all and we had the highs and lows of the previous 5 years in one season!!! From billionaire owner to bust in 8 months.

Yeh one of the few occasions that I remember our fans turning on each other even through the decent to league one ! I don't blame him as the club was nearly bankrupt and players had to be sold but the mind numbing football which saw us fail to score a goal at.home from New Years day was the most dire and basic trash I've ever seen us play ! God knows how we stayed up and after we gave him the push England put him in charge of the under 21's an their football was just as bad !

Yeh one of the few occasions that I remember our fans turning on each other even through the decent to league one ! I don't blame him as the club was nearly bankrupt and players had to be sold but the mind numbing football which saw us fail to score a goal at.home from New Years day was the most dire and basic trash I've ever seen us play ! God knows how we stayed up and after we gave him the push England put him in charge of the under 21's an their football was just as bad !
No, he took the U21s job whilst he was still managing City... and didn't even see fit to inform his employers about what he was doing. Should've been sacked on the spot at that point - but I suspect the board didn't have the stomach for paying compo to him out of an already skinted bank account.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.