Stupid player sales

I don't understand all this crying about zinner.

He was never a permanent fixture in the starting 11, he's a brilliant footballer, technically very good but please stop this talk that we've made a mistake.

If Arsenal aren't top of the league then this thread isn't here.
If anyone told me arsenal were going to be where they are at the start of the season, I would have laughed. No one had them as a direct rival.

Its also his leadership and drive that we’ve lost thats more of a loss than him as a player
No one had arsenal on a title push before or after so you can’t come back with hindsight
So it was a lack of adequate replacement that is the problem

Repeating what others have said, zin wanted to leave and we granted that wish because thats the sort of club we are and its a long game decision.

Thinking back to the mid 80s and letting clive the jive wilson go chelsea for a paltry £250k.

In my childs head we were the greatest team on the planet and would surely be challenging for the league soon, but sales like that helped in making me realise we were a tin pot club, ran by a tin pot dictator, going no where but downwards :(

A double smack in the face, selling Michael Hughes and the buying Rick Holden as a replacement.

Yes losing Zin and Jesus has definitely weakened us, probably more mentality than anything else. Pep spoke about passion, guts, desire and that is something those two had in abundance and I guess in a dressing room its infectious. The dressing room dynamic has changed as it has at Arsenal also.

Last edited:
The lad featured mostly from the bench and gave his big heart. Sometimes are exes go onto better things.* At least we kept the house, dog and keys.

*for their needs

Repeating what others have said, zin wanted to leave and we granted that wish because thats the sort of club we are and its a long game decision.

Thinking back to the mid 80s and letting clive the jive wilson go chelsea for a paltry £250k.

In my childs head we were the greatest team on the planet and would surely be challenging for the league soon, but sales like that helped in making me realise we were a tin pot club, ran by a tin pot dictator, going no where but downwards :(
We went in a few times lookin for wiggy. We got as far as staring at the wood on the walls like a Fallowfielder does (like you put on your floor now). Could smell him but we always got chucked out.

Edit: Why I'm not in the SAS

Last edited:
Is selling Zinchenko, to a rival none the less, one of the dumbest sales this club has ever done, all things considered?

Discuss
He wanted to leave

He wouldn’t sign a new contract

He wasn’t an automatic first choice at City

For a player who wanted to try a different challenge and therefore didn’t want to stay we got a decent price for him

Pep has ALWAYS said if a player wants to move they can, if we get a fair price

Cancelo was our clear first choice left back last season, which is why Oleks decided to leave this season

I don’t suppose you started a thread saying this at the time he left, as opposed to now, when he has settled in really well at an excellent arsenal team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.