Stupid things football people say on TV

I've always hated the term "ball watching".

Well what else are the players going to be watching?

One that always used to annoy me would be when a commentator/pundit would say something like "If that was on target it would have gone in...". You don't fucking say.

It's shocking some "pundits" and "commentators" actually get paid to talk such drivel.

another one that used to really get on my tits though you don't seem to hear it as much now was that "over/underachieve" bollocks that seemed to get used in almost every sentence,you got dickheads in the pub using it just cos they heard it on fuckin Sky sports...same with that "number 10" shite.......

The one I hate is when one of the idiots says "you could have 2 keepers in goal and they would not have saved that". Well they would if one of them was standing where the fucking ball was going. Oh, and the "great time to score" one is annoying as well

Chester and Gibraltar’s Danny Higginbotham

“In the last year, 46 of the 92 managers have lost their jobs – that’s over half.”

Former manager David Pleat

“The possession stats at one point were 77% to 33%.”

Former player Mick Quinn

“Liverpool, with their 4-4-1 formation...”

Former footballer turned pundit Jamie Redknapp

“It falls to the ageless 35-year-old Frank Lampard.”

Irish commentator George Hamilton

“Cardiff’s owner is a billionaire. He’s worth about £850million.”

Former cricketer Ronnie Irani

“Who’ll win the league? It’s a toss of a coin between three of them.”

Former England player and manager Kevin Keegan

“Luis Suarez has been talking in Uruguayan.”

"oooo he was only just offside the ref /linesman should have give him the benefit of doubt " then for the remainder of the game and all post match reports that they had a goal disallowed ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.