Stuttgart vs City

The fact this is a friendly isn't really the point, the point is that the mistakes being made, and the effort being displayed are symptomatic of bigger issues. Just because the end result doesn't really matter isn't a reason for our defence to play so poorly, or for us to accept it just because "oh, it's only a friendly". Are we saying the players aren't trying there best, because it's a friendly? If so that's a piss poor attitude to have. Or is it that they are trying, but they're just playing really, really shitly? If so then that doesn;t bode well for West Brom, as why would they suddenly improve positionally, and technically, in a week?
Post of the thread so far (apart from mine, obviously!).

Let's be honest though, preparations for this and the last season have been shite. We've known for 2 years that our defence is weak. Nastasic got the boot and Mangala clearly isn't worth what we paid for him. I get that he's young but I can't even see any potential there! We've spunked £50m on him and Fernando. Both didn't strengthen the team or the squad.

This season we've brought in Sterling. Fine. Delph strengthens the squad, not the team. That's it. Couple of young lads who, again, won't strengthen the team.

I don't get it. The one season since 2011-12 where we actually sat down, identified players and how they'd strengthen our team...then bought them in, was 2013-2014. And we won the league.

This game's just failed to dilute any of my concerns going into the season! Too many players unavailable...again....which we clearly haven't planned for despite knowing that our South Americans wouldn't be fit for the season. Not enough quality being brought in. Failed to address our defensive issues.

Side note - Bony. *sighs* Hope he finds his way this season.

What do people expect, we've been forced to play with 5 forwards/ attacking players. With a balanced midfield there wouldn't be this problem

Better to get on to you tube and subscribe to a channel hat is showing the game. Much better stream

no i mean this website. it keeps not loading and
Not surprised

1) Pellegrini is half a coach - doesn't know shit about the defensive side of the game
2) Kompany looks way off the pace
3) Mangala is shit
4) Kompany and Mangala play like strangers
5) Kolarov, the man made of wood, can't defend and is shite in possession - the only thing he brings to the team is set pieces, crossing and falling over
6) I'm all for attack but Nasri and Silva as our 2 advanced CMs is useless out of possession
7) Silva is better drifting in from wide positions as it makes him harder to pick up
8) Bony has had no pre season to speak of
9) Nasri is still fat
10) Sagna is slow and shit
11) Out of all the EDS lads who could make it at City, Evans is not one of them
12) Our transfer business is barely half done

Other than that, we look ready for WBA

tbh i think he could, this game he's been absolutely fucked by pelles tactics, if he'd have had someone like fernando next to him it might be different. he's only young and this is only a friendly

Only a friendly but against a half decent European side admittedly with no midfield (and no defense) we look fucking awful and to think we were laughing at the rags back line against PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.