Summer 2023 outgoing

Watched Mahrez on the big screen inside the ground getting his medal, looking a little down, and briefly touched the CL trophy.

Could see Mahrez being tempted by that Saudi offer.

Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo, Gomez and Mahrez could probably be 170-190m altogether.
Could be lots of CFG/Youth outgoings as well. Harwood-Bellis, T. Doyle, Lavia (sell-on), Breckin, Borges, Delap and JWE could probably be another 70-80m. Add Steffen, Yangel Herrera, Couto and Kabore and there could be another 30m. Would be fun if we could beat the dippers to the net spend trophy, could easily be looking at 200m in sales
You are probably not far off with this - I can see 5 first team players departing (don't think Gomez will leave) and probably 3 new signings with the likes of McAtee, Perrone and Doyle being promoted to have a few games.

I think the team selection and subs last night spell the end of Mahrez with us. He has had a great 5 years with us but going forward at 32 he knows he will not play in most bigger games. Pep referenced him not being too happy about not getting a start in the FA Cup.

The strength of our club and manager is constant evolving - Pep needs that to keep his juices flowing. He more than most needs a decent rest, he looks knackered. So part of one cycle has ended and we start again with hunger and a few new faces.

You are probably not far off with this - I can see 5 first team players departing (don't think Gomez will leave) and probably 3 new signings with the likes of McAtee, Perrone and Doyle being promoted to have a few games.

I think the team selection and subs last night spell the end of Mahrez with us. He has had a great 5 years with us but going forward at 32 he knows he will not play in most bigger games. Pep referenced him not being too happy about not getting a start in the FA Cup.

The strength of our club and manager is constant evolving - Pep needs that to keep his juices flowing. He more than most needs a decent rest, he looks knackered. So part of one cycle has ended and we start again with hunger and a few new faces.
I`d like to see Gomez stay, definitely think there`s a player there. My guess is he`s one of those players that would improve massively in his second season now that he`s settled, like Rodri, Bernardo, Mahrez etc. Not sure Pep fully trusts him at this moment though, hasn`t played much. Think Tolmie also said he`s most likely off in the summer.

My wonder is if he goes, do we get another LB? Gvardiol replaces Laporte and covers both the CB and LB, as does Ake. Still get the feeling if Gomez goes we`d need another man, 2 out and 2 in. As Gvardiol/Ake would probably be the preferred option in PL/CL, a new LB would probably be more of a backup, like Gomez, which means that he`d probably play together with Rico Lewis (at least for next season). As Rico inverts, any new "backup" LB would probably have to stay back in a back 3. Not sure who would fit that profile

Watched Mahrez on the big screen inside the ground getting his medal, looking a little down, and briefly touched the CL trophy.
Fair enough, must be a little bittersweet if you win the CL without coming on. Different for him than for Palmer, Phillips etc.

Expected,he would have wanted to play a part in that final.I doubt its any more than that.

Saying that....i think we can allow him to leave and a replacement found.

Surely Silva leaving opens the door for Mahrez to be a starter. Gundo can equally be replaced by Foden/ Alvarez.

Need to find a couple up coming talents now circa 10-20 M.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.