Summer Transfers

A top midfielder
Pair of fullbacks
Keeper to replace the blunder that has been Bravo

Whether or not we believe we can recruit internally or have to look outside I don't care, however these to me are the criticals going into next season

Paralel to that, the following must be shipped out for good:

Sagna
One of Delph or Fernando (or even both if possible)
Kolarov
Navas
Yaya
Bony
Nasri (need to cash in)
Mangala
Hart (need to cash in)

I'm on the fence about Vinnie - I knew Guardiola was trying to oust him in sly manner and I'm not a fan of it. However, reality is that he's costing us with us absences and there is no room for sentiment in this business.

Our attack looks to be our one real area of strength and something we're well covered in. I would be concerned if all I here about over the English summer is talks of buying the latest shiny attacking toy when our midfield and fullbacks are clearing lagging behind.

Main signings:
GK- Moraes
LB- Mendy
CB- Laporte
RB- Henrichs
CM- Dahoud
AT- Isco

I think we make some 'minor' squad signings.

Gone: Caballero, Kola, Sagna, Zaba, Clichy, Delph, Fernando, Navas, Nolito (possibly), Yaya, Nasri, Bony, Mangala, Hart, Kompany and Denayer. I think there's a possibility that Kun (maybe Inter), Ota (Madrid?) leave.

A lot of players look to be leaving but I think some of the 'replacements' will be internal. Maffeo at RB, Roberts/Diaz backup wing, Aleix replaces Fernando/Delph, etc..

Ederson
Fabinho
Heinrichs
Bernat
Bonnuci
Laporte
Isco

Would be a great window imo and allow so many different systems. I think when pep mentioned important 28-29 year old experience I think he still desperately wants bonnuci and we could see a back three of stones, bonnuci and Laporte a lot if they all stayed fit.

1a3f0a7c3e1099b9e9d5ad2fc8a8195b.jpg

Very adaptable would cost a lot of money but what choice do we have

Last edited:
Ederson
Fabinho
Heinrichs
Bernat
Bonnuci
Laporte
Isco

Would be a great window imo and allow so many different systems. I think when pep mentioned important 28-29 year old experience I think he still desperately wants bonnuci and we could see a back three of stones, bonnuci and Laporte a lot if they all stayed fit.

This would be an excellent window IMO. I also think Bonucci was the player Pep was talking about. Would be a perfect fit and is a leader, something we are desperately missing right now. Haven't seen much of Laporte but it seems he has got over his injury which is good and is less of a risk in injury terms compared to Van Dijk who is out for the season. We saw Pep try the back 3 and it hasn't worked out because we don't have the players required but with this two CBs it would work wonderfully. Isco is a must and an Otamendi plus cash deal with be great for both parties. Fabinho is a great DM and can play RB. He is 6'2 and the physical presence we are missing, also takes a great penalty, pretty sure he hasn't missed this season. The fullbacks are both young and have pace finally, positions we have neglected for years. Ederson looks a real talent and I believe he will break into the Brazilian NT soon, some sources say we verbally agreed a deal already for him.

I would say this window is realistic in financial terms as well. Probably looking at around £250m here and think we will get around £50m from player sales (Hart,Nasri, Fernando, Delph, Mooy). Making a net spend of £200m which is the figure that has been thrown around and I would not be surprised, yes it is more than last summer but Pep has been given full backing and is speaking about having more power than ever.

Last edited:
Will aguero sit on the bench plus it's rotational who takes sane place when he is injured ?
You ask if Sergio would as if you already know the answer.

So why would either of those two be happy to do it instead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.