Sunderland Need To Win

lionheart

A win for Sunderland could see them finishing tenth. With three teams only one point behind them, however, a defeat could see them fourteenth. Think of the money at stake. Martin O'Neill needs to lift his players for one final push.

when wigan beat the scum i was saying to a few rags that they would drop points against blue dippers and the mackems and we would win the league by 2 points,how i got mocked at the time the deluded twats

Sunderland are not a good team at all. If you believe their hype, you'd think that they had the second coming in Martin O'Neill. They talk like they have improved massively since he came in for Bruce, but if anything they have stagnated. Yes - this isn't his team, but if he's going to build a side that is going to qualify for Europe he's going to need a complete overhaul. I'd say there was one, maybe two that would make it into the current top 7 or 8 teams. Everyone knows that MON needs to spend in order to build - and I don't think he's going to have the luxuries that the likes of Bruce and Keane had due to FFP.

Of course...I'm probably a bit biased!

I'm pretty sure it was about £750,000 - I was reading that Swiss Ramble blog on football finances and that figure rings a bell for some reason.

In the mail yesterday there was a table of the prize money, can anybody find it?

Just found this from the chester chronicle.

With each Premier League place worth around an extra £800,000 in prize money, there is more than just pride to play for.

Liverpool must win both their final two games to avoid setting their lowest points total of the Premier League era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.