Sunderland Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

citymad said:
mancity1 said:
All too familiar cannot be bothered display and not prepared to do what is required to win a game of football against mediocre opposition.

It puts more pressure on winning every home game to stay within touching distance and that will eventually give as well.

The side lacks the will and mental strength to do justice to the resources and money spent on assembling the side.

Clearly going to have to rely on our home form to keep us in a chance of making 4th spot.

No chance of a top four finish unless the away form improves sharply.

Another deja-vu. This was an exact copy of the previous 3 games at Sunderland. And if it wasn't for Adam Johnsons' last minute equalizer it would have been our 5tn 1-0 defeat and the 5th time we totally outplay Sunderland. Don't know what it is with us at their ground.

Don't know what it is with us in awaygames for that matter. Even though we missed 2 important and 2 very important players, there's no need to start the game in such a lame way as we did, and kept that going for 45 minutes. It's what caused us chasing the result and running into a defensive wall.
Pantilimon: 6 - hardly anything to do to judge him properly
Richards: 5 - he was as good as Zabaleta, but nowadays he's not half as good
Demichelis 7 - decent, not spectacular
Lescott 6 - did nothing wrong defensively, but with so much possession we could do without him
Kolarov 6 - some good crosses when going foreward, but too many errors due to arrogance or lack of concentration
Garcia 6 - mediocre in many ways
Yaya 5 - because he's such a good player and a captain on the day I expected he would lead his team by exemple. He failed misserably.
Milner 6 - 1st half a 4, second half an 7, can't take away his willingness to do well, but a bit clumpsy sometime
Nasri 7 - decent, not spectacular
Negredo 6 - not been fed properly and took life a bit too easily when haviing the ball
Aguero 6 - at least tried, but had little service, but not his magic self of late
Subs:
Navas 7 - brought width and life into our team, but I still think there's more in the little man
Dzeko 6 - could not live up to be a super-sub, but it was hard to try and change things
Zabaleta 6 - could not turn around what was already damaged in the 1st half - should have started

eversince 76 said:
Another deja-vu. This was an exact copy of the previous 3 games at Sunderland. And if it wasn't for Adam Johnsons' last minute equalizer it would have been our 5tn 1-0 defeat and the 5th time we totally outplay Sunderland. Don't know what it is with us at their ground.

Don't know what it is with us in awaygames for that matter. Even though we missed 2 important and 2 very important players, there's no need to start the game in such a lame way as we did, and kept that going for 45 minutes. It's what caused us chasing the result and running into a defensive wall.
Pantilimon: 6 - hardly anything to do to judge him properly
Richards: 5 - he was as good as Zabaleta, but nowadays he's not half as good
Demichelis 7 - decent, not spectacular
Lescott 6 - did nothing wrong defensively, but with so much possession we could do without him
Kolarov 6 - some good crosses when going foreward, but too many errors due to arrogance or lack of concentration
Garcia 6 - mediocre in many ways
Yaya 5 - because he's such a good player and a captain on the day I expected he would lead his team by exemple. He failed misserably.
Milner 6 - 1st half a 4, second half an 7, can't take away his willingness to do well, but a bit clumpsy sometime
Nasri 7 - decent, not spectacular
Negredo 6 - not been fed properly and took life a bit too easily when haviing the ball
Aguero 6 - at least tried, but had little service, but not his magic self of late
Subs:
Navas 7 - brought width and life into our team, but I still think there's more in the little man
Dzeko 6 - could not live up to be a super-sub, but it was hard to try and change things
Zabaleta 6 - could not turn around what was already damaged in the 1st half - should have started

All this and toataly gutless

We didn't turn up for the first half of the game and had to overturn the deficit. Much better play in the second half and we deserved a goal. But all credit to Sunderland ... they wanted it more. Not as good individuals as in our team, but the goal gave them the belief they needed. Obviously gutted at the result as we could have moved up in the table and capitalize on Chelsea and Arsenal slip ups. But in all fairness ... well played Sunderland.

I don't normally rate players by numbers out of 10 because I can't be bothered!! (Sorry but that's me) However after that showing and after a good night's sleep I decided to have a go this week. I've calmed down BUT you may not agree!!

Pantilimon: 5 he should have saved that goal.
Richards: 5 - lack of match practice & lack of confidence is beginning to tell on him
Demichelis 7 - at least you felt he wanted to win, which is more than can be said of some.
Lescott 8 - was up with the game and alert for 94 minutes,
Kolarov 5 - no positional sense, but also had no support
Garcia 5 - did he play? I only vaguely remember him being on the pitch!
Yaya 1 - he should never have been on the pitch, why he is captain when Kompany is not there is the biggest mystery this season for me. Zaba should be Captain and should have been on the pitch for 94 minutes yesterday.
Milner 9 - MOTM, he ran his big heart out and he was always there to make up for mistakes made by people like YaYa. He was also trying desperately to organise and, as Zaba was not on the field, should have been Captain because he was doing a Captain's job!
Nasri 7 - he was there for everything around the box but, especially because of Sunderland's man marking of Aguero, had to work alone
Negredo 5 - another one who couldn't get the ball because Sunderland had done their homework and knew which of our best players to concentrate on
Aguero 6 - he didn't have a chance with the close marking from Sunderland and actually I thought the Sunderland man was magnetically attached to him!! 95% of the time you could not get a sliver of material between them.
Subs:
Navas 5 - brought on too late, he should have started
Dzeko 6 - did try but why send the ball to his feet instead of his head at times?
Zabaleta 7 - if he had been on from the start he could have made a difference, he should be Captain when Vinnie is not around. Just wasted yesterday.

So, just my humble opinion based on close observation.

The players take responsibility for the performance (or lack of it) on the pitch BUT the Manager picks the team and half of yesterday's team are just not at the level we need them to be. From his team selections away from home, MP must believe he is still playing in Spain where no bottom clubs beat the top 2 or 3 teams. He should never put out a weakened side when three points are at stake (and third position in the league). We should all retain a sense of perspective regarding our progress in the CL - in the weakest group we have had in the three years we have had in the competition.
It is up to the management team to turn this around and those City fans who thought we could laugh at the rags' start to the season, and publicly did so, need to be see what's going on with them putting together an unbeaten run, something we struggle to achieve.
And as for easy away games coming up at WBA and Southampton, I have to say, a point in each will not be acceptable and certainly not for a team that sees themselves as Champions elect. A sad sad day for City - our season is fast becoming one of looking to win one of the knockout domestic tournaments, surely not our primary targets for the Club, its owners and its fans !!!

Gutless. Lescott and Garcia too slow for premiership.
Navas will fade away as winter approaches, his final ball in has gone.
Yaya a very poor game by his standards.
Shows how poor we are without Silva as a playmaker and Vinny at the back.
Shows once again how we cannot break a team down with 11 in the box.

with Kompany out with a mid to long term injury, Silva. Nastasic and Fernandinho also out, why was the team further disrupted by changing both fucking fullbacks.

and how many times are Sunderland going to get away with fouls. Larsson should have walk for his foul on Garcia and Bardsley foul on Milner when scoring.

having said all that MP majorly at fault here yet again. get a grip before our title challenge leaks away to fuck all through your team selections and tactical errors.

Micha why was you stood stock fucking still high up the field in their half during two attacks, it looked like you were thinking what to have for tea while the game went on around you. i was gob smacked never seen anything like that in a professional game.

i`m not a Micha hate i think he can offer a lot to the team but ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.