Support at Arsenal

said on another thread that the atmosphere from 21-23 seemed too fizzle out by the time it reached 24-26 but a fair few tried too keep it going.

the dryton was packed, great night out......

bluevengence said:
BooksReject said:
Never understood this 'tourist' business myself. Surely a Blue who makes an effort and travels to an away game deserves better than being labelled a bloody 'tourist'? With a big allocation, you will always get Blues going who dont fulfil the normal points criteria for away games, so will be unfamiliar faces, but FFS, tourists??

Unless its the Arse fans being labelled, but I think not....

I know the difference between Battle hardened blues and
asian football tourist and believe me there were plenty in block
I was being stared at when i started to sing before kick off like i was
off another planet with some of them videoing me
also noticed they did`nt go fooking mental like the rest of us when we scored
there was obviously a load of tickets sold on one of them ticket sites
that prob charged them £40 each

I stand corrected then...have to say I relocated from 305 for Villarreal over to right by the tunnel on level 1, and I did see exactly the same thing. All with cameras and City/Villarreal scarves! Suppose it comes with the territory of our emergence, and we have to get used to it. Didn't think they would get gold-dust away tickets though!

cant afford london aways anymore, im sure it was there, just saying how it sounded on the tele :)[/quote]
can't afford arsenal away with tickets at £10.00 when you can jump on a megabus there and back for £15.00 ? surely that isn't so. best not comment on atmospheres unless you are actually there for future reference ;)[/quote]

okay then every match I dont go i wont comment on the atmosphere;), no I cant afford it londonn aways was just generalising london games. Couldnt go the other night as it was a wednesday night and I had uni at eight in the morning

i was the blue in the club arse section, 2nd tier front row at the rh side directly above our last row below, and when we scored let it all go went mental and then turned to face the sad f@@kers and did the poznan solo in the away end.........nice stewards......can you calm down... anyone had the same balls

BooksReject said:
Never understood this 'tourist' business myself. Surely a Blue who makes an effort and travels to an away game deserves better than being labelled a bloody 'tourist'? With a big allocation, you will always get Blues going who dont fulfil the normal points criteria for away games, so will be unfamiliar faces, but FFS, tourists??

Unless its the Arse fans being labelled, but I think not....

Ye but they are tourists though. They're not exactly local, born and bred blues who have an affinity with the club or even know the songs.

Anyway they're tourists and not the usuals and that's that. If I go to a country and eat the local food it doesn't mean they should treat me like or call me a local.

I was in block 23, really enjoyed it. I think most of the songs were started in the block 20-23 corner but because we were so spread out they didn't get going across the whole away end. 'Van Persie is ours' was the highlight for me, absolutely quality.

Finding it depressing some of the digs at cockney tourists. I am a southerner and I'm always at the London games, it's a shame to think every time I sing in my souther accent I'm being thought of as less of a fan by some.

Behind the goal atmosphere was awful. Heard the odd bit of banter from the other side of our end i.e. the feeder club chants, the Blue Moon chants were even rather muted - almost worse than a home game atmosphere. The first away game where I came away from the ground without a sore throat.

Lots of non-football looking fans, couples, quite a few empty seats, few people displaying any colours and even less with Manchester accents (i know i'm a fine one to talk having lived out here for so long!) and sat behind us were a couple of Arsenal fans - there reaction to the Van Persie chant was amazing though...'We wouldn't sell Van Persie unless we replaced him with, I don't know, Messy?!'

Was a good night out all the same, but not a patch on QPR or Fulham away.

marshall92 said:
Finding it depressing some of the digs at cockney tourists. I am a southerner and I'm always at the London games, it's a shame to think every time I sing in my souther accent I'm being thought of as less of a fan by some.

Best ignore them pal, there are some right muppets on here who go on about this aspect. It pisses me off and I went to school about half a mile from Maine Rd!

I was in Block 23 and thought the atmosphere was fine but most importantly of all, we won and I'd cheerfully sit in a silent away end every match as long as we win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.