Support required please.

i went to rotherham

My youngest son was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease 6 years ago.

During the time he has had the disease, he has endured 10 months in hospital and undergone major surgery for the removal of his bowel and part of his small intestine.

He has also had to suffer 9 additional corrective surgeries to retain his current, partial remission, status. He now has to self-administer injections which suppress his immune system, leaving him open to severe, potentially life threatening, infections.

With the help of these injections he has now finally found some semblance of remission from the disease and has decided to try to give something back to the people who have been instrumental in his return to semi-normality.

My two sons, along with 2 friends are about to undertake, in July, a mammoth journey across Europe in a bid to raise as much money as possible for the charity Crohn’s and Colitis UK. Without whose help, Rob wouldn't be with us today, and the care he has received has saved his life on numerous occasions.

The boys aim to drive across 10 countries, in 7 days, covering 3500 miles in total. This is no mean feat considering Rob often struggles to get out of bed at all due to his symptoms and his need to visit the toilet at least 15 times a day.

Starting in their hometown of Ramsbottom, in Lancashire, they will travel to France and into Belgium before meeting up with a convoy of 100 other vehicles to then travel around Europe taking in countries such as Germany, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia and Italy. If they complete the challenge, they will arrive in Holland 7 days later for a celebration of what will be a tremendous achievement considering how ill Rob was a few years ago.

Their website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.3500challenge.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.3500challenge.co.uk</a> will give a lot of information on what they plan to do and they have been very lucky so far and have been promised sponsorship from a major bank, and a donation of a car for the journey. They intend to fund all travel costs themselves and all monies raised will go to Crohns & Colitis UK.

Apart from directly raising money, we are now looking for items which can be auctioned/raffled to add to the final total.

Are you able to send us something for the raffle or make a donation? Please PM me if you can.

If you are able to help in any way to this wonderful cause then any donation, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated, please look at the website and use the Just Giving link

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for any support you are able to provide.

Thanks

Sorry pal at this time i cant afford to donate as im skint.

The drugs your boy is on are probably similar to my drugs and i have met a fair few people with Crohns and there is hope.

All i can offer at this time is my support from this post and wish your lad all the best and hope he succeeds

Good Luck

the mystery illness said:
good luck mate , supported !

Top Man !

THANK YOU<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm --<br /><br />
Rascal said:
Sorry pal at this time i cant afford to donate as im skint.

The drugs your boy is on are probably similar to my drugs and i have met a fair few people with Crohns and there is hope.

All i can offer at this time is my support from this post and wish your lad all the best and hope he succeeds

Good Luck

No worries Rascal, appreciate the sentiment.

Good Luck .I am a Driving Instructor visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.adamsdrivertraining.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.adamsdrivertraining.co.uk</a> & can either donate a course of 10 driving Lessons valued at £190 (Lessons to be taken North Manchester or Bury South)for a prize or alternativly i will donate £50 all the best Regards Don

If you set up some sort of Facebook page I will gladly promote it. My mate has got that disease. He had a bag for many years but luckily they managed to recreate a small bowel out of his remaining colon. Nasty condition.

Good luck with it.

BimboBob said:
Donated.

Wish them well from me, the trip sounds like great fun!
Another top man BimboBob

THANK YOU<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 am --<br /><br />
cyberblue said:
Good Luck .I am a Driving Instructor visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.adamsdrivertraining.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.adamsdrivertraining.co.uk</a> & can either donate a course of 10 driving Lessons valued at £190 (Lessons to be taken North Manchester or Bury South)for a prize or alternativly i will donate £50 all the best Regards Don

That's a really generous offer Don, I will speak to the boys tomorrow and PM you if that's ok?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

bananamilksheikh said:
If you set up some sort of Facebook page I will gladly promote it. My mate has got that disease. He had a bag for many years but luckily they managed to recreate a small bowel out of his remaining colon. Nasty condition.

Good luck with it.

My son Rob is the "techy geek" I'll get him working on it tomorrow!

Many thanks bananamilksheikh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.