Surreal Moments at City Games

I did a double take seeing that fox walking up the concrete support of CB Level 3.

That fan running on at Maine Road and tearing up his season ticket in front of Nigel Clough.

That JImmy Bulllard celebration for Hull, after scoring a penalty, mocking their manager Phil Brown.

During the Burton Albion semi final a couple of years back a fan behind me shouted "No Mercy!" as we were on the attack again whilst the score was 7-0.

The Alan game in the blizzard against Salzburg
That Europa League campaign gave us: the Poznan, the Alan game, the Aris Thessaloniki fans, and that bizarre 6pm kick-off against Dynamo Kyiv which meant the stadium was half-empty. It had it all. The whole 10/11 season is among my absolute favourites.

I have no idea which away game this was but I remember the incident clearly. During Peter Beardsleys very brief spell at City in the lower leagues, we'd lost yet again away to some tinpot club. Either the players had come over to the fans or the tunnel was near the away section. Either way the players were in earshot of the fans and were getting dogs abuse. Beardsley stopped and started having a go back shouting in his best quasimodo geordie voice "IT'S NOT MY FUCKIN FAULT" lol

Not at City, but, a few thousand of us will remember when City played at Carrow Road one Wednesday night in February 2005 and the hitherto saintly Norwich Chairwoman, Delia Smith, came onto the pitch at half time with a microphone in her hand, almost too pissed to talk, and splurting out her famous "Where are you?! Let's be 'avin' you?!" urgings to the Norwich faithful.
Never to be forgotten.
I was there that night and didn't see it. I was watching the police dog demonstration on our side of the pitch. My missus had gone to the toilet and missed it too!

Anybody remember villa away in the cup Micahs last min equaliser.?

At half time, in the City end ,,and below the stand , someone opened a door out of curiosity..and walked into the Villa trophy/ boardroom.!!!

Blues piled in to have their photos took in front of The European Cup,sit at the boardroom table all the while shouting in absolute disbelief..we then found a mini fridge with a padlock on it,but that was off quick as a flash and cans of lager were being handed out all around the Boardroom blues..surreal indeed.( we were 1nil down at the time and couldn't have been happier..)

It took ages for dozy Villa security to cotton on,and by then the damage had been done

Crazy at Half time and crazy at Full when Michas header soared in, right in front of away end....I didn't see it as already on my way across the car park but joined in a crazy jig of delight with Blues who had also left early.
Top day out
Remember that well. Couldn't see Micah go into the crowd due to being in the upper tier and going ballistic at the equaliser.

I think it was against Stoke at Maine Rd around 97-ish?, a chip fryer caught fire in the North Stand and all the fans in that section were evacuated onto the pitch, delaying the game for about 30 mins until the fire had been dealt with.

Yes. It was v Coventry and I was in the Platt Lane. They stopped play and Mike Summerbee picked up the ball and shook it! I'm not exactly certain what they expected us to do if we found a bomb.
I was in kippax only a kid could have sworn it was ref picked it up, how the mind forgets was it a daytime ko in week ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.