Votes: 22 6.1%
  • I used a Print at Home or club-printed ticket which worked

Votes: 27 7.5%
  • I had a PAH or club=printed ticket that didn't work

Votes: 7 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prestwich_Blue

I'm doing an informal survey on access to the stadium yesterday. I'm trying to understand (if they had mobile tickets) how well NFC worked for people or whether they needed to use the mobile ticket's barcode to get in. Or if they needed manual intervention to get in.

I've allowed a maximum of 2 responses so if NFC worked for you but didn't for someone else you were with then you can report that.

Mods - can you make it a sticky please?

Four of us, 3 with android 1 with an iPhone
All 3 with the android had to use the barcode
The iPhone user got nfc to work on his 5th or 6th attempt
I've not attempted to add the other three's issues to your survey

I did see @Eccles Blue post yesterday that said if the ticket was opened too soon, nfc wouldn't work. So I've messaged my friends and we'll try nfc again but not open the ticket until right at the gate

You need another option for PAH
The bloke in front of me had these for him and his lad and it took a good five minutes to get the reader to recognise the bar codes on both tickets
He eventually got his lad in, then had the same issue with his ticket

Last edited:
Four of us, 3 with android 1 with an iPhone
All 3 with the android had to use the barcode
The iPhone user got nfc to work on his 5th or 6th attempt
I've not attempted to add the other three's issues to your poll
Same with me that, my android nfc didn't work had to get the bar code up yet rkid used NFC with his iPhone with no issue. Seems strange they would aim it at iPhone users when there's far more android devices out there than iPhones!

NFC worked for my dad and his father-in-law, both on my dad's iPhone, but I had to use the barcode on my android.

I transferred my wife's ticket to my son through friends and family and his worked first time by holding his phone to the contact, however my phone took several attempts, tried the barcode a couple of times without success then went back to holding the phone to the contact and it suddenly let me through....all took about 3/4 minutes whilst my so was watching from inside.....the city steward tried to help but seemed confused as to why my ticket wouldn't work for that period of time and had no answers etc.

Can I also add that the steward asked me for certain details about myself like supporter Num and also email address but he couldn't find me on his gadget ????

My sons worked first time with a newer Iphone
Mine took 3 goes but it’s quite an old iphone.

I'm not great with technology so asked the steward best way to use phone..she said use barcode and it worked 1st time..
If I had known it would be that easy I wouldn't have got to ground so early

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.