Sven Goran Eriksson diagnosed with terminal cancer

Conducted himself with class on that day in 2008 and set the template for that impeccable minute's silence when the world and his dog were waiting for us to chant nasty stuff.

View attachment 103779

Proper leadership that. He could stand in a room and not say a word, and people would listen.

That's sad to hear. The 2007/08 season was one of the most surreal seasons I've ever known, it had everything.

Met him at a City function, absolute gent, he wasn't supposed to stay long but he stayed until every single person who wanted an autograph got one...

So sad. It was a top time under Sven that. Saw him very briefly once walking past on a night out on Peter Street, we were pissed up and like "Hey it's Sven!", and he just stopped and paused to wave and said hello, which was amusing with his voice/accent. Think he was staying in the flats opposite Bar 38 (now Impossible) if I remember right. I hope he can enjoy the rest of his life and also hope that will be longer than what the docs are currently saying

That SGE season, from memory, just seemed like fun. Put it this way; it was when compared to what went before. Okay; it petered out pretty badly in the end. But I remember that time with fondness. I wish the guy all the best with what's coming down the line to him.

Sad news. I loved the season he had in charge of us. Helped restore some pride and added some much needed excitement after the Pearce years. An absolute gentleman too.
The season my son did his City against racism speech on the pitch before the game v Birmingham after his was chosen from all the schools in Manchester, proud moment and Sven was a gentleman to us on the day.

Very sad news and hopefully he can have a comfortable remaining time with his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.