Swansea (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sane needs a game off tomorrow. There was a moment on Sunday when Kev was breaking and there was a huge amount of space and Sane was out to the right, he kind of hanged back a bit at first then sprinted late by which time Kev had played a poor pass behind him. Not apportioning to either in that situation but a few weeks ago the moment De Bruyne had the ball and started moving forward Sane would have sprinted full pace and I think that would have created a more obvious final pass. I just think he needs to re-charge his batteries, he's played a lot and deserves a rest

-----------------------------Ederson

Walker---------Otamendi--------Mangala---------Danilo

---------------------------Gundogan

--------------------Kev--------------B.Silva

Jesus----------------------------------------------Sane

---------------------------Aguero

Bench: Bravo, Tosin, Delph, Silva, Diaz, Fern, Sterling

Mainly wanting to rest Fern in a game we should hopefully not have much defending to do, also give Delph a break before the Spurs game. Ideally Kev would also get a rest, maybe an early sub. Give Bernie a proper chance in the middle rather than out wide. Also maybe a chance for Diaz / Foden / Zinchenko to make the bench to sub on for Sane.

I'd like to see Gundo starting this one. Needs to get a run of games under his belt whilst we're in this busy period. I think a lot of people have forgotten just how absolutely brilliant he is when on top form. He's not going to get back to that level with a part bit role surrounded by our reserves/youth. Kev has been off the boil recently - I'd rest him for Saturday and have Gundo take his place, or potentially Dinho if Pep wants to go a bit more bold.

I like to think we are good and professional enough to see these kind of games through. Even after a relatively easy game a few days ago. Confidence is high but I think Pep already adjusted in the way he knows there are no easy games in the PL. And tbf there aren't when the ref starts the game. Lots of games coming up so our aim should be to try and contain the number of points between us and the rest till the X-mas fixtures are well behind us. That'll mean some rotation as we need every player in there.
3 points and the record will simply be a bonus. A very nice one that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.