Taking fans for granted

"Club has lost its heart and soul", "club full of twats", Soriano just stopping off, the club lacks players like Carrick, Jones and Rojo.

While there are good talking points about Pellegrini's leadership it is full of Mogden's little digs at City, he can FRO the rag twat.
Read through this thread. We think the club is losing it's heart and soul. Also read through this thread. The "blazers" who tell you to move out of the way as there are players coming through or tell you when you can speak to a player or even that you cannot speak to a player as if they're some sort of royalty or the people in place at the club who know nothing about the fans or football culture and are just here to rip us off - they're the twats (and the writer said it was a long serving employee of the club that said that). and as i said i don't want players standing with us in away ends (read the bit in the brackets that you quoted).

Agree with pretty much most on this thread .... I set my personal bar at £700 for my season ticket. It hit that last season, and I opted out of all cup games to keep it as low as possible. (And as I hadn't been to any of the early rounds, I stayed away from the QF even)

It's stayed the same price this season, so renewing, but mainly to see what Pep can do for us on his arrival, after that I expect to step down too, for many of the reasons posted here, besides cost .... I certainly do see us already on the plastic path, and feel it's irreversible at this point.

pubs and clubs are already filled with manc blues who used to be match going fans and City are on a path that sadly will only see those numbers grow

Money and people within the club who have little or no connection with our grass root fans, it all started to go tits up when the club started using phraseology like "match day experience"

The plastic path is certainly what the owners want though right? I know it sucks for old school fans, but revenue is what the end game is surely?

I find all this talk of the club taking the fans for granted a little funny. Sometimes I think it's the fans that take city for granted.

City ARE the fans, not the players, or any other person only involved as an employee.

shit, i may just have bitten there.

I have 5 tickets for me and the family but we've stopped going to cup and euro matches because of the cost.

I resent being robbed for the price of food/drinks and sweets so we now pop into tesco amd bring our own.

I used to regularly buy at least 5 shirts a season but stopped a couple of seasons not just on price, which is expensive, but primarily because the quality of the Nike kids shirts in particular is bloody awful.

I used to pay for a car park ticket but the organisation of exiting was so shit it's quicker to park a way away.

I recon what they've gained in putting up my season ticket prices they've lost at least the same on the other rip off stuff I now don't buy.

I think it's more a misjudgement of mood that has been brewing over the course of the last couple of years by the board rather than them consciously doing something. Sunday would have been a real wake up call for them.

I don't know how any one can afford to go to football now..I'm a working class man and I can't afford it anymore..oh for the good old days when i used to pay on the gate on the kippax with my mates..and stand where we wanted to..all for about 10 pounds..with an electric atmosphere..

You can get a season ticket at the Ethihad for £299, which works out at £15 a game. with inflation this is more or less exactly how much you used to pay to get into the Kippax. You can hardly say you've been priced out .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.