Taking photos with a Camera at The Etihad ... is it now illegal ?

oakiecokie

I`m asking as it was brought up during our Supporters Club Meeting tonight and I don`t know the answer.Two of our regulars have been taking their cameras into the ground for years and during the last home game WBA both were told by Showsec that this was illegal.
These by all accounts are bog standard cameras with no additional fitments for zoom lens or anything else that could have been declared as "professional" types.They (in different parts of the ground) wanted some shots of Zabas last game and one of the lads actually took a shot during the penalty.
In this day and age with phones now a used as computers what the hell is the difference,something both individuals asked Showsec.
They got no response, surprise,surprise.
Has anyone else come across this so called "ban" on using cameras ?
Cheers,
Oakie

I've had my EOS SLR in the ground with a dobber long lens on it - apart from being called a f*cking tourist by all my mates sat around me, I had no issues, but to be fair this was a couple of years ago before Captain Underpants (with thousands of shares in ShowSec) joined City as the Chief Security Officer with an agenda as long as your arm!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.