Talking tactics...

Also:

quality of passing - especially from our defenders! Look at the ball when our defenders pass it to one another or someone else and the ball only just reaches the bloody man like a trickle of piss down the pavement!

backing off - again, unfortunately, with our defenders! Look at them when someone from the opposition is running, jogging, walking or even standing still with the ball - they are sometimes 5 yards away, bending really low down, allowing them to do what they want with the ball (run with it, cross it, shoot!).

panic stations - defenders again :( ! How many times have we seen our defenders completely lose their composure and make mistakes with or without the ball!? They have all played football from a young age and still make jouvinile mistakes through bloody panicking in a situation that they can remain calm in! The Premier Lg may be a fast league compared to the Italian Serie A but if our lads just looked up and analysed their surroundings (should take less than a second at that level) they will see that there is usually an easy option to take, and panicking isnt it!

Organisation/talking on the pitch - if Vincent Kompany is not playing nobody in our team takes the initiative to lead and organise (verbally, visually, leading by example, encouraging, bollocking etc) to the rest of the team! I sit on Row P in the East Stand Level 1, right on the half-way line, and see an excellent view and can hear the players on quieter days (like yesterday) and the only man doing any sort of organisation yesterday was Nigel de Jong - and he is certainly not a senior player of the sqaud! Neither is Kompany but he is very good at it! Is it a co-incidence that we have had a big slump recently (6 games, 1 win, 5 defeats, 2 goals for, 11 against) and it is at a time when Kompany is not in the team or is not fully fit when he is in the team!????

Tenacity/Work ethic - mentioned it before about when we have the ball and dont work hard enough to create space for ourselves to be passed to! But also when the opposition has got the ball, the desire of some of our players or us as a whole team is sometimes appalling! As a team we do not put enough pressure on the oppostion to force them to make mistakes, we do not track back with forward runners well enough, some players think one good run back and tackle is enough to stand in an attacking position doing very little for 10 minutes (this includes everyone) - as a team it is not of a high enough standard!

These are not even tactical things, they are just things that are not up to a good enough standard in our squad! With none of the things i have mentioned do you have to be a world class, world star - they are mainly common sense and things that a Premier Lg footballer should be shit hot at!

I agree alot with what has been said but this is one thing that truely frustrates me. Someone tell Richards TO CROSS THE FOOKNG BALL OR MAKE A FORWARD PASS. He makes all this effort to get forward (credit to him this has improved), spaces are opening up, the opposition are on their heals and he stops turns and rolls it to a DM or a CB. Watch the Hamburg game if he makes one cross or forward pass to say Ireland or Robbie you will see me streak from the third teir!

Its actually a relief to see such a good thread here on the actual football. On Sunday, I was busy with my family commitments, and i could not go the game nor watch it in real time on Sky. I Sky + it. I eventual got round to watching it late sunday night without knowing the result. Because it was late and I was tired i watched the game at x2 speed. This was such a great way to watch tactically how we play with and without the ball. Danburg82 is spot on with the movement problem. WE loked like our midfield and attackers were wearing concrete boots. I ran out of fingers on both hands to count the number of times there was a passing routine of Onuoha-Dunne-Richards-Dunne-Onuoha-Dunne. It was so predictable. We had Petrov playing, we all know his strengths. Give him the ball, or knock one infront of him down the line and he will make the defenders work and he will deliver a quality cross making all the defenders work. How many runs did he get chance to make? 1. One lousey supply to him. Why can this not be spotted and changed. That was how bad we were when we did have the ball. With out it, no one can be arsed getting it back. This is the time when we need to work harder. Where is this "My teams come stronger in the second half of the season tripe" I know we have played alot more games than the teams surrounding us, but look at the top 4 teams who have Prem, CL, Later stages of FA Cup, and later stages of league cup, and they dont look as tired as we did. I know these teams have top quality replacements in the squad for lesser games, but evan so. We had no fight, no passion, no ideas and no guilt. For everyones sake, dont let Ireland score first on Thursday.

Isnt it strange to see that this is one of the best threads i have seen on this site in the 3 weeks i have been a member here yet it has one of the least responses!!

I always try to voice my opinion but often get shot down without having constructive criticism of what i have said! i'll criticise a player but the only come backs are - "you have to be loyal and behind the team!" or i get called a wanker, a dick, A RAG... because i have said something neagtive about a player!

But when it comes to talking tactics those people havent come on and voiced their views in this thread! Why? do you just stick behind the team no matter how they play? will you put up with any old shite or be happy whether we win 6-1 or lose 3-1?

danburge82 said:
Isnt it strangeto see that this is one of the best threads i have seen on this site in the 3 weeks i have been a member here yet it has one of the least responses!!

I always try to voice my opinion but often get shot down without having constructive criticism of what i have said! i'll criticise a player but the only come backs are - "you have to be loyal and behind the team!" or i get called a wanker, a dick, A RAG... because i have said something neagtive about a player!

But when it comes to talking tactics those people havent come on and voiced their views in this thread! Why? do you just stick behind the team no matter how they play? will you put up with any old shite or be happy whether we win 6-1 or lose 3-1?

No it isn't.

This reminds me of a thread on Cityfans.net...this one, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=39670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewt ... 56&t=39670</a>

The contributions by Edge275.

Brucie Bonus said:
danburge82 said:
Isnt it strangeto see that this is one of the best threads i have seen on this site in the 3 weeks i have been a member here yet it has one of the least responses!!

No it isn't.

This reminds me of a thread on Cityfans.net...this one, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=39670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewt ... 56&t=39670</a>

The contributions by Edge275.

Trying get some people posting, thought there might be more than 5 or 6 people on Bluemoon with an opionion or some ideas on tactics!

Just read what Edge 275 said on there and it is along the same lines as this, im not the only one then!

Graceyboy said:
Its actually a relief to see such a good thread here on the actual football. On Sunday, I was busy with my family commitments, and i could not go the game nor watch it in real time on Sky. I Sky + it. I eventual got round to watching it late sunday night without knowing the result. Because it was late and I was tired i watched the game at x2 speed. This was such a great way to watch tactically how we play with and without the ball. Danburg82 is spot on with the movement problem. WE loked like our midfield and attackers were wearing concrete boots. I ran out of fingers on both hands to count the number of times there was a passing routine of Onuoha-Dunne-Richards-Dunne-Onuoha-Dunne. It was so predictable. We had Petrov playing, we all know his strengths. Give him the ball, or knock one infront of him down the line and he will make the defenders work and he will deliver a quality cross making all the defenders work. How many runs did he get chance to make? 1. One lousey supply to him. Why can this not be spotted and changed. That was how bad we were when we did have the ball. With out it, no one can be arsed getting it back. This is the time when we need to work harder.
Yeah, as I said, I'm all for keeping the ball and playing the way you're facing rather than blindly charging forward, which ultimately puts more pressure on the defence, but it seems to becoming automatic, especially when the ball is out wide. We are immediately looking backwards. We should look forwards and then only look back if there aren't better options available. Sometimes it's like watching Serie A, where the aim of the game is to hold on to the ball rather than scoring more than the other team.

Excellent thread and I hate to turn this into a Hughes is clueless jibe but if we can see these problem areas and make suitable suggestions in how to correct them why the hell can't Hughes do the same ?. Some of them are so bleeding obvious.

Away at Hamburg, a side with probably one of the best home records in Europe we play 3 an attacking formation and we wrere cut ro ribbons..

Home to Fulham, one of the sides with a very poor away record in the Prem we play defensive. Accepting the arguement that players need a rest why was Elano not selected? A gifted midfielder, a playmaker who can create goals at the drop of a hat.

It is unbelievable.

scorer said:
Away at Hamburg, a side with probably one of the best home records in Europe we play 3 an attacking formation and we wrere cut ro ribbons..

Home to Fulham, one of the sides with a very poor away record in the Prem we play defensive. Accepting the arguement that players need a rest why was Elano not selected? A gifted midfielder, a playmaker who can create goals at the drop of a hat.

It is unbelievable.

yeah I know.... and so are some of the articles in the press and the posts on here; I only hope that ADUG have the clarity & vision to sort it out, and make the necessary changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.