talkSPORT

Main Stand Hotdog

I've never really listened to it before, my uncle has it on in the car on match to and from the staium and obviously the main topic is football, fair enough.

Thought I'd give it a listen today, listening to Mike Parry and Andy Townsend its pretty ridiculous. They're trying to perform some kind of social commentry and they sound about as informed as a pair of glamour models. They have these mentalists phoning in to suggest ways you can tool up in your own house and bend the law. One bloke just rang in to suggest keeping a rubber torch nxt to your bed cause there isn't a court in the land that will convict you. Another fellow just rang in to offer his advice about using a cricket bat and tying up the youths and bundling them in a carpet or summit.

Who owns talkSPORT? Do they have any connections to the Fox, Parry sounds like fucking Bill O'Reilly.

The Blue Knight said:
I've never really listened to it before, my uncle has it on in the car on match to and from the staium and obviously the main topic is football, fair enough.

Thought I'd give it a listen today, listening to Mike Parry and Andy Townsend its pretty ridiculous. They're trying to perform some kind of social commentry and they sound about as informed as a pair of glamour models. They have these mentalists phoning in to suggest ways you can tool up in your own house and bend the law. One bloke just rang in to suggest keeping a rubber torch nxt to your bed cause there isn't a court in the land that will convict you. Another fellow just rang in to offer his advice about using a cricket bat and tying up the youths and bundling them in a carpet or summit.

Who owns talkSPORT? Do they have any connections to the Fox, Parry sounds like fucking Bill O'Reilly.

They do have close links with sky. I don't think murdoch owns it though.

The Blue Knight said:

Phone in hosts have to be extreme right wing nutters or they won't get on. Talksport has Parry, Brazil, Ian Collins, and until recently Jon Gaunt and the late Mike Dickin.

To offer balance, they offer up a leftie who is even regarded as a nutter by other lefties - i.e. George Galloway. The boss used to be Kelvin McKenzie, ex editor of the Sun.

Say no more.

Hang em, flog em, shoot em and kick em aaaaahhtt merchants with the IQ of a fence post.

tabloid radio mate...mainly right wing clap trap. used to be OK when Mike Dickin was on there. Now the best thing on the show is fri/sat 10pm till 1am Gorgeous George Galloway. Brilliant show, very informative and offers the other side of an argument often spurted out by the mainstream media, especially about the "wars" we are involved with. apart from that.....crap. oh Paul Hawksbee is quite funny as well, he writes most of Harry Hills stuff.

Galloway's show is great. He's a complete idiot who can't run a phone-in to save his life and the results are hilarious. He allows those he agrees with a mini-monlogue which he then praises and those who disagree with him are subjected to mild insults both before and after they are cut off.

Strangely for an alleged champion of the working classes he claims that the person he most admires is Fidel Castro, a man who doesn't allow the working man, or anyone else for that matter, to form or join trade unions or political parties. He also says that the end of the Soviet Empire was 'the biggest catastrophe of my life' so you can see that George is not a big fan of freedom and democracy.

Top marks to Talksport for having George on.

Hawksbee and Jacobs are p!ss funny.

One Sevendeee Fiiiiive

Thing with Talksport is you can't take it too seriously. It's light entertainment. People will ring in with mad views, you just gotta let it go!

scall1 said:

One Sevendeee Fiiiiive

Thing with Talksport is you can't take it too seriously. It's light entertainment. People will ring in with mad views, you just gotta let it go!

Jacobs is a cok, Hawksbee is quite funny. Talksport is a newer version of The Muppet Show, and apart from Adrian Durham, is very pro-rags, dips and Chelski.

scall1 said:

One Sevendeee Fiiiiive

by far the best description of the show,you got to laugh at some of the dick head phone ins just dont take it seriously and its ok but then you get the daft fukas on here that take it seriously..........................say no more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.