Talksport

On the increasingly rare occasions I listed to Talksport, I turn off whenever Collymore comes on. Same with that thick Yorkshire twat Gough and so should everyone else. As soon as Talkshite realise people are turning off when they're on, they'll get rid as their advertisers won't be happy.

Sums it up. Someone should ask him why Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags don't spend money on the local community, all of whom "can" but don't.
He is seriously stupid, and his debating style of shouting louder and louder over anyone who disagrees is the sign of a man with serious anger issues and mental deficiencies.
Just ban the **** from the Etihad end of, give him something to think about

Just ban the **** from the Etihad end of, give him something to think about

Nah, let him meet the people benefitting from employment, or able to access sports facilities in the area and explain to them how their lives are improved just because 'somebody can'. Many of whose opportunities have been limited also because 'somebody can'.

On the increasingly rare occasions I listed to Talksport, I turn off whenever Collymore comes on. Same with that thick Yorkshire twat Gough and so should everyone else. As soon as Talkshite realise people are turning off when they're on, they'll get rid as their advertisers won't be happy.

Gough is harmless and you can laugh at him
Collymore's voice drives me away

Stanley has just informed us that "City only spend money on the club and the local environment because they can"
What does this even mean?
The man is either seriously confused or intensely stupid.

Its just saying something for the sake of saying something. He is on radio and has to provoke comment with what he says - thing is he doesn't know how to engage his brain before speaking it seems. I mean is that spending supposed to be a bad thing? Is it not to be encouraged - we are spending on redeveloping the area - which was a bit run down. We are spending on an academy - something he said earlier he wanted - fucking confused.com

Stan collymore just said that if villa were taken over by a sheikh as rich as Mansour then villa fans (himself included) would want top players brought in.

fucking hypocrisy at its best.

Stanley has just informed us that "City only spend money on the club and the local environment because they can"
What does this even mean?
The man is either seriously confused or intensely stupid.

Perhaps I misunderstand the full context but part of the whole investment phase has been implemented concurrently (structural, playing staff, academy etc.)
As I see it we will continue with this Business Plan until we reach a profitability that suits the return on investment that our owner is prepared to commit.

Unfortunately Stanley (along with the rest of us) has no idea when this will happen because CFG has only just started. He is judging his comments on the average rich club that wants a divi from their cash cow rather than having a vision for the future that means change.

Whilst I can sympathise that these are merely the mutterings of radio host, his audience is still substantial, and he's misleading a large number of listeners.
It's fine to be critical, but you have to be even handed and objective about it. By all means discuss the negatives of City, but compare and contrast them with the positives. Many other clubs do a fair bit for the community too, but without the budget we have, but we've also been doing it for years prior to the money arriving.
They moan about appalling owners asset stripping clubs, and yet when a set of owners start splashing out on more than just players, that's criticised too.

Even if we are doing something positive 'because we can'. Isn't that a darn sight better than not doing anything 'when you can'?

And let's not forget, when City spend 50m on a player, that's 50m arriving at another club, which in turn will trickle down to others. In the end, our money is dispersed across multiple other clubs, and the product we produce along with the other clubs is what's funding Collymore's employment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.