Tattoo question

Cookie monster

Just had my first one done and was wondering what to do at night. Been told not to rub it but its on my arm and I know it will rub over night. Been told not to use cling flim as it suffocates the tattoo and doesnt let it heal properly. So what should I do. Leave it open or wrap it in something and if so what?

Thanks.

Dont put cling film on it , get hold of some wax type substance called tattoo goo from any tattoo shop , It cools it down and stops it from itching it will also help your tattoo keep its colour better when it scabs , Costs about £10 if i can remenber right.

that tattoo shop should have told you what to do and gave you a info "aftercare" sheet?

the bandage your ment to take that off after two hours if i remember correctly , dont rub it or pick at it, then your ment to put a cream on it e.g Bepanthen(nappy rash cream) for a couple of days

Cookie monster said:
Just had my first one done and was wondering what to do at night. Been told not to rub it but its on my arm and I know it will rub over night. Been told not to use cling flim as it suffocates the tattoo and doesnt let it heal properly. So what should I do. Leave it open or wrap it in something and if so what?

Thanks.
DO NOT PUT VASELINE OR ANYTHING ELSE ON PLEASE PLEASE. just keep it clean and dry, do not moisturise, take no notice of anyone who says you should. Once it starts to heal it will go dry and seem to crack like a scab, but leave it well alone and let nature take its course. It will be fine after that process and then no smudges etc.

Oil everywhere! said:
Nappy rash cream does the trick the one I used when I got my last tattoo was Bpanthen ,this was recommended by the artist.

I have loads and this is by far the best product! Nothing compares.

I've got three friends who are tattoo artists, my wife has about 15 tattoos and I've got a few myself.

I'll tell you what is most effective in terms of not messing up your tattoo, not what doctors recommends or some standard tattoo artist advice

Keep it wrapped up for the first day and night or two (yes it traps in moisture and some sweat but it's still the right thing to do).
2-3 times a day change the cling film, when it's off - if your tattoo is very clammy or bloody - you can let some lukewarm water run over it. Make sure to dry it completely by dabbing it GENTLY with a SOFT cloth.
On the second to maybe 4th/5th day: Apply bepanthen 2-4 times a day to the tattoo (be careful not to use too much, your skin needs to soak it up). Keep doing the same as above in regards to water.
At this stage it shouldn't have gone scabby yet so you can apply the bepathen without too much worry.

Depending on how you skin heals and everything it will start going crust, it's CRUCIAL you don't scratch or pick at it at this stage! Even if it's the worst fucking most annoying itch you've ever felt don't scratch it. Running some luke/cold water over it should ease the itching a bit as well... Just DON'T scratch it ;)

Eventually the scab will fall off (1-2 weeks) - then you're in the clear.
If it doesn't look pretty you can now go shout at the tattoo artist ;)

the--dud said:
I've got three friends who are tattoo artists, my wife has about 15 tattoos and I've got a few myself.

I'll tell you what is most effective in terms of not messing up your tattoo, not what doctors recommends or some standard tattoo artist advice

Keep it wrapped up for the first day and night or two (yes it traps in moisture and some sweat but it's still the right thing to do).
2-3 times a day change the cling film, when it's off - if your tattoo is very clammy or bloody - you can let some lukewarm water run over it. Make sure to dry it completely by dabbing it GENTLY with a SOFT cloth.
On the second to maybe 4th/5th day: Apply bepanthen 2-4 times a day to the tattoo (be careful not to use too much, your skin needs to soak it up). Keep doing the same as above in regards to water.
At this stage it shouldn't have gone scabby yet so you can apply the bepathen without too much worry.

Depending on how you skin heals and everything it will start going crust, it's CRUCIAL you don't scratch or pick at it at this stage! Even if it's the worst fucking most annoying itch you've ever felt don't scratch it. Running some luke/cold water over it should ease the itching a bit as well... Just DON'T scratch it ;)

That is RUBBISH, I am a Doctor and know what I am talking about, leave it alone and just keep it dry and clean, end of.

mcfc-fullstop said:
the--dud said:

That is RUBBISH, I am a Doctor and know what I am talking about, leave it alone and just keep it dry and clean, end of.
[bigimg]http://blog.anglianhome.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/wrong.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.